What will you expect in a GSP comeback fight?

10000 Days

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
- Will he fight for the belt right away?
- Will he fight for the #1 contender spot?
- Will he get a tune-up fight against a Top 10 opponent?
- Will he get a fight against a lower-ranked Middleweight fighter?
- Will he get a superfight with Anderson Silva?
- Will he get a catchweight fight against a small Middleweight?
- Will he grow a mustache?

If he ever comes back he'll fight for the belt right away, due to his dominance and him never losing the belt.

He'll get whatever fight he wants because fuck you he's GSP... and I would love to see him with a 'stache.

I really expect it not to happen. If speaking hypothetically, on his return I'd fully expect him to have prove that he still belongs in a championship fight before throwing him in there. Fighters should have to earn that right, regardless of their history once they have a break in activity. But, the UFC is a business more than a sport. This would garner huge PPV numbers because we dumb fans would pay for it. Regardless of the fact that we might be getting ripped off.

Many championship fights aren't made off a legitimate form of merit for the active fighters. MMA is a numbers game and always has been. While the competitors are really athletes, the implementation is not truly a sport. Boxing is similar, but they've done a better job of veiling it. I'm not sure that MMA will even get to that because in reality that fans don't care. Casual fans (and some diehard fans) prefer a professional wrestling persona anyway. Still exciting to watch, regardless of that fact.

3-5 rounds of this
hi-res-6759648_display_image.jpg

To who, Lawler? lol

If Lawler can stuff Hendricks and Rory's Td's he will stuff Georges Td's which will lead to a battered GSP or an unconscious GSP.

Lawler via KO

Hendricks would beat GSP again too

Georges said he'd never want to fight Condit again so there's another loss he can avoid.

But he's not coming back so who cares.

I expect him only to return against an opponent he feels very comfortable against. Basically someone he fully believes he has the ability to take down and control. Lawler, Hendricks, Woodley; I'd be shocked if he agreed to return to fight any of these guys, out of fear of embarrassing himself. In reality, I think there is only one situation in which we see GSP back in the Octagon. UFC 200: GSP vs. Anderson Silva. That is the fight, a fight against another diminished legend, one whom he should be able to take down, and one that would sell very well on what would probably be a stacked card. Main Event: GSP vs. Silva Co-Main: Rousey vs. Cyborg: line up the record buy rate now.

Regardless of what he has said publicly, I'm pretty sure the reason he left is because the game was starting to pass him by. The fight with Henricks was a gift decision. I think he'll fuck up his legacy if he ever returns.

If Lawler can stuff Hendricks and Rory's Td's he will stuff Georges Td's which will lead to a battered GSP or an unconscious GSP.

Lawler via KO

Hendricks would beat GSP again too

Georges said he'd never want to fight Condit again so there's another loss he can avoid.

But he's not coming back so who cares.

Some people think GSP is invincible like they thought Anderson and Fedor was. Lawler or Hendricks would finish GSP inside 3 rounds if he ever came back.

I hope he does not come back. He worked hard for his money, his boss threw him under the boss in a childish tirade, and now he's gotten work in Hollywood. There's no reason for him to subject his body to any more damage.

Regardless of what he has said publicly, I'm pretty sure the reason he left is because the game was starting to pass him by. The fight with Henricks was a gift decision. I think he'll fuck up his legacy if he ever returns.

Pretty sure he just got tired of fighting roided up competition.

This thread is ridiculous. He would look terrible with a mustache.

Back