What will McGregor haters do when Jose Aldo's head clatters off of the canvas via KO?

Connor is being protected and spoon fed with hype all around him. How do you go from fighting Porier I believe ranked #7 at the time to fighting a #10 ranked guy?! Why doesn't this fool fight Frankie Edgar? I'll tell you why, he'll get his ass whooped.

Then these idiots like you TS believe he'll beat Aldo. Don't get me wrong, anything can happen however Aldo is elite. I believe Aldo would pick Connor apart

Tell me who was avilable for the time McGregor wanted to schedule a fight. I'll be waiting.

Also, he said he could see himself fighting Edgar so your theory immediately sucks.

My point is those happened early in their careers and they were able to learn and defend them. Why not for Conor? I thought you would made sense of the first. My bad I guess. :rolleyes:

You concede the second paragraph. Cheers.

As far as the third, Conor has got hit a few times but honestly... his movement and angles are a step above Aldo's. Why he hasn't been hit that much. I think it is a close fight, and those risks will not turn out well against Conor. Conor is an aggressive counter-puncher who pressures his opponents and controls the cage. Aldo winging shots would not be good.

Aldo in the clinch, and with his subs could be a good shout though.

I don't think we entirely disagree. :icon_chee

I'm honestly still not sure what you're referring to about Conor's early career. His losses on the ground? Look, I'm not saying he loses to, say, Mendes because he's bad on the ground still, or because he lost on the ground years ago. I'm saying basically everyone loses to Mendes unless they're absolutely elite in term of TDD. And Conor hasn't proven that he is. At all. He hasn't proven that he can deal with a Guida or Lamas level of wrestling. Much less a Edgar's takedowns or Mendes' wrestling. Could he learn that level of TDD (or have learned it already)? Maybe. But if it were easy, everyone would do it. By the standards of the division he's in, he's just about completely untested in that department.

I'd love to see a close fight between Conor and Aldo. I doubt I'll get to. But it would be pretty cool. Conor's movement and angles are going to run into Aldo's leg kicks - think Shogun vs Machida for an example. Whereas Aldo defends with head movement that should be pretty effective against Conor. When do you see Aldo winging shots without minding his own defense? Almost every time he's been tagged in his whole career has come from him reacting to the threat of a takedown.

kcbQ2sS.gif

B6_TUq_Ce_IIAAg_SZE_opt_1.jpg

Discuss.

Excellent gif. Conor haters are like the people who still thought the earth was flat in the 1600's.

I'm honestly still not sure what you're referring to about Conor's early career. His losses on the ground? Look, I'm not saying he loses to, say, Mendes because he's bad on the ground still, or because he lost on the ground years ago. I'm saying basically everyone loses to Mendes unless they're absolutely elite in term of TDD. And Conor hasn't proven that he is. At all. He hasn't proven that he can deal with a Guida or Lamas level of wrestling. Much less a Edgar's takedowns or Mendes' wrestling. Could he learn that level of TDD (or have learned it already)? Maybe. But if it were easy, everyone would do it. By the standards of the division he's in, he's just about completely untested in that department.

Pretty much agree here. We're on the same page.

I'd love to see a close fight between Conor and Aldo. I doubt I'll get to. But it would be pretty cool. Conor's movement and angles are going to run into Aldo's leg kicks - think Shogun vs Machida for an example. Whereas Aldo defends with head movement that should be pretty effective against Conor. When do you see Aldo winging shots without minding his own defense? Almost every time he's been tagged in his whole career has come from him reacting to the threat of a takedown.

We disagree on the leg kicks. McGregor is a southpaw, which is an innate problem for Aldo. He has also broken a leg and a foot from checking leg kicks. So we're at a disagreement.

He tried to throw a bit too hard with his right against Mendes and got paid for it with a few short uppers. Conor doesn't have the same TD threat, but winging his right out like that can be a huge problem.

McGregor has also set traps for fighters winging rights before as broken down by this gif from Robin Black in his fight against Buchinger. Conor has elite boxing and crisp reactions.

ezgif_com_gif_maker_5.gif

i'm an extremely massive mcgregor nuthugger, but holy fuck dude shut up. everything you post is basically the same recycled shit, a quote from conor or the same pictures or gifs every fucking time. btw nice username and AV, youre WHITE. you aren't japanese.

i'm an extremely massive mcgregor nuthugger, but holy fuck dude shut up. everything you post is basically the same thing, a quote from conor or the same pictures or gifs every fucking time. btw nice username and AV, youre WHITE. you aren't japanese.

915.gif

Pretty much agree here. We're on the same page.

We disagree on the leg kicks. McGregor is a southpaw, which is an innate problem for Aldo. He has also broken a leg and a foot from checking leg kicks. So we're at a disagreement.

He tried to throw a bit too hard with his right against Mendes and got paid for it with a few short uppers. Conor doesn't have the same TD threat, but winging his right out like that can be a huge problem.

McGregor has also set traps for fighters winging rights before as broken down by this gif from Robin Black in his fight against Buchinger. Conor has elite boxing and crisp reactions.

ezgif_com_gif_maker_5.gif

The southpaw threat is probably the biggest thing Conor has going for him (besides his overall good striking - I mean in terms of things that might bring something new to Aldo's table). On the other hand, Aldo is not as dependent on his jab as most righties who have a hard time against southpaws are. And it doesn't buy him much in terms of Aldo's kicks either - he can land an inside leg kick as well as an outside one, and he's shown this quite a few times when fighters switch stances against him (usually because he's already damaged their lead leg). He hasn't done it in a while, but he likes throwing combinations that end with a leg kick when he's not too worried about the takedown, and those are a lot harder to check than when someone leads with a leg kick.

In a sense, you're right - Aldo will probably get hit a few times against Conor. But he'll probably also hit Conor a lot more times. You can't just assume Conor is going to get a knockout - Mendes has KO power too, landed some nice shots, and couldn't get the job done. And Conor, for all his power and angles doesn't bring that kind of pressure to make Aldo slip.

Back