What will McGregor fanatics do when he loses?

He has so many young devotees who have dedicated themselves to his worship. You'll find posters with 2,000 posts and September 2014 join dates, each post singing Conor's praises. Others have incorporated McGregor into their screen names. What will happen to them when he loses? Will they recant? Will they jointly author a thread apologizing for their obnoxious behavior?

I predict that they will abruptly stop posting to avoid ridicule. The remainder will say "well, I never thought he was that good, just exciting." There is a slight possibility of suicide, but I doubt they are that honorable.

What's your prediction (or what will you do)?

Seriously, look at your sig man! How many hours of the day do you spend obsessing over the guy and how much you hate him? The question is, what will YOU do if/when he loses? Gloat on an online forum to a bunch of anonymous strangers for a week or so? Then what? I mean, I know you don't give a shit about WHO will beat him, seeing as all you seem to focus on is your embittered hatred toward the man and his fans. Will life have lost all meaning at that point? Will you be the one to off yourself?

He is winning this fight, lets be real. He will lose to aldo though, but there is no shame on losing to him anyway.

Going to be funny to see the reaction of McGregor haters if he goes on to beat Siver/Aldo. First thing youn will hear is the old "not in his Prime anymore" horse shit excuse.

I've been an MMA fan for over a decade, and I'm a massive Conor fan. Every fighter loses, but I think Conor will be near the top of any division he is in, for a long time. He is far too talented. Unless his ground game is utter shit, but I don't think it is.

Seriously, look at your sig man! How many hours of the day do you spend obsessing over the guy and how much you hate him? The question is, what will YOU do if/when he loses? Gloat on an online forum to a bunch of anonymous strangers for a week or so? Then what? I mean, I know you don't give a shit about WHO will beat him, seeing as all you seem to focus on is your embittered hatred toward the man and his fans. Will life have lost all meaning at that point? Will you be the one to off yourself?

Hmmm. Gee I never thought about it. But now that you mention it, yes I will gloat in on an online forum to a bunch of anonymous strangers for a week or so. It would feel really good.

I really should close this window when I work though. Productivity is dragging a bit.

I predict many will adopt this attitude here ^^^, as if the preceding year of trolling never happened.

Or maybe for some people, the goings-on in an internet MMA forum don't impact their lives quite so much to fixate on who trolls about what

You talk about "the preceding year of trolling" like it's the goddamn Holocaust or 9/11 or something.

Never forget, bro.

They'll blame judges, the ref, Dana, Lorenzo, SBG Ireland (= bad camp), John Kavanagh, imaginary pokes, illegal strikes, Boston winter, media day, FOX, Reebok; pick any or combination of those.

He has so many young devotees who have dedicated themselves to his worship. You'll find posters with 2,000 posts and September 2014 join dates, each post singing Conor's praises. Others have incorporated McGregor into their screen names. What will happen to them when he loses? Will they recant? Will they jointly author a thread apologizing for their obnoxious behavior?

I predict that they will abruptly stop posting to avoid ridicule. The remainder will say "well, I never thought he was that good, just exciting." There is a slight possibility of suicide, but I doubt they are that honorable.

What's your prediction (or what will you do)?

You might be the worst poster on this forum. Nearly everything you create is trash.

Going to be funny to see the reaction of McGregor haters if he goes on to beat Siver/Aldo. First thing youn will hear is the old "not in his Prime anymore" horse shit excuse.

I think he probably will beat Siver. Doubt he'll beat Aldo, but hey it can happen. But then again, I haven't been spouting off endlessly about Jose Aldo.

The same as I have whenever another favourite fighter of mine lost: continue supporting them.

giphy.gif

Let me start by saying that as of now I do like McGregor and enjoy his trash talking, but I can certainly see a point when it may start getting on my nerves...that being said, lets not kid ourselves and say that he is going to lose to Siver, however, he will lose eventually. And when he does the "fan boys" will be out in full effect saying one of two things. #1) Edgar wrestle f*cked him, it was a BS win, he should have stood and traded with him or #2) He got "caught" in that RNC.

I think quite a few of them will commit suicide and their parents will sue the UFC for creating a false God their children believed in with all their heart.

The rest will probably turn their backs on the UFC and join a cult where they can worship another person.

The people that love the gimmick will find a new one. The fans will fan. The haters will bloom

Or maybe for some people, the goings-on in an internet MMA forum don't impact their lives quite so much to fixate on who trolls about what

You talk about "the preceding year of trolling" like it's the goddamn Holocaust or 9/11 or something.

Never forget, bro.

I suppose some will adopt this attitude as well ^^^. It's a little ironic coming from someone who has been coming here for 8 years. It makes sense if you don't think about it.

Back