What will happen to team Lloyd Irvin?

someone already posted the link of NYE on his dad FB 20 hours ago.

then his dad went on rampage against rape on how we should educate people etc (about 17 hours)..

just to be given the link about LI past (20 years ago) about 3 hours.

The dad was speechless. He taught MA all his life.

I don't how/if he can influence his son.

Well this is interesting.

No matter how Lloyd himself takes this whole fiasco, it will have certainly changed or solidified many opinions of him I am sure.

Just saw this on FB:

My Statement on The Lloyd Irvin Team's Rape Issues and our Son, Keenan:

I've been inundated with e-mails and calls about Keenan and whether he is going to stay or leave the LI team. Well, that's not up to me. Keenan is 20 going on 21 --and he's smart, independent, talented, and fully supported by his mother and I.

As for all of the rape issues on the table; rape is an unacceptable act of violence - and not something I want my daughters or sons to have to face or live with. My heart goes out to all of the people involved --as the destruction and damage to both the victims and perpetrators will be long lasting and painful. Are the allegations all true? That's not up for me to decide; the legal system and the media will reveal the truth in time. May the appropriate punishment be doled out to the sociopaths that commit rape; and may healing and wisdom come to the victims and their families.

Personally, I want my son out of that environment and far away from the whole scene. What I've heard and experienced recently and over the last month or so has convinced me that there are far, far better situations and people to be involved with --and while good things have come from involvement up to this point, the situation is far from ideal and I want my family far away from it all.

Keenan was a very talented BJJ practitioner before he moved to Maryland --and will continue to shine, I'm sure. I do not want the stain of the piss poor judgment and violence committed by those involved to attach itself to Keenan's reputation --and my opinion is that he should, out of principle, immediately resign from the team and go involve himself with a new group of peers and friends.

I will encourage Keenan to cultivate a new team and sponsors and I'd like the whole scene to go on as it will without our family's involvement. I hope the allegations all turn out to be false and that this ugly wound on the reputation of the martial arts, in general, heals quickly and is replaced by the awareness that we have to coach our young men to understand what rape is --and why it is an unacceptable act of violence and blatant, damaging disrespect.

Tom Callos

I have admired Tom Callos since I was a kid. I continue to admire him.

Just saw this on FB:

I've been inundated with e-mails and calls about Keenan and whether he is going to stay or leave the LI team. Well, that's not up to me. Keenan is 20 going on 21 --and he's smart, independent, talented, and fully supported by his mother and I.

As for all of the rape issues on the table; rape is an unacceptable act of violence - and not something I want my daughters or sons to have to face or live with. My heart goes out to all of the people involved --as the destruction and damage to both the victims and perpetrators will be long lasting and painful. Are the allegations all true? That's not up for me to decide; the legal system and the media will reveal the truth in time. May the appropriate punishment be doled out to the sociopaths that commit rape; and may healing and wisdom come to the victims and their families.

Personally, I want my son out of that environment and far away from the whole scene. What I've heard and experienced recently and over the last month or so has convinced me that there are far, far better situations and people to be involved with --and while good things have come from involvement up to this point, the situation is far from ideal and I want my family far away from it all.

Keenan was a very talented BJJ practitioner before he moved to Maryland --and will continue to shine, I'm sure. I do not want the stain of the piss poor judgment and violence committed by those involved to attach itself to Keenan's reputation --and my opinion is that he should, out of principle, immediately resign from the team and go involve himself with a new group of peers and friends.

I will encourage Keenan to cultivate a new team and sponsors and I'd like the whole scene to go on as it will without our family's involvement. I hope the allegations all turn out to be false and that this ugly wound on the reputation of the martial arts, in general, heals quickly and is replaced by the awareness that we have to coach our young men to understand what rape is --and why it is an unacceptable act of violence and blatant, damaging disrespect.

Tom Callos

Well said.

And even if they were involved in a rape before, that doesn't mean his name should be thrown around like it is with LI's right now. So nah, I don't fucking agree.

I'm not trying to defend LI, or any of the criminals, let's get that straight, I'm just saying, the way the man's name is being thrown around is kind of unfair for something that doesn't have anything with but his students did.

how is it unfair? he was involved with gang rapers and used the limp dick defense. his buddies were convicted.

so, what does it say about the character of someone who hangs out with gang rapists, sees a gang rape and does nothing to stop it, says he would have participated if his dick cooperated?

then his students who live in a house he is paying for rape a female student. then lloyd says fuck all about the girl besides she is back working to be the next world champ?

then he just posts rape prevention seminars to do damage control. wow, what a great reason to do that. such a good man.

what kind of respect does he have for women?

now, what does this matter concerning the two new rapists? birds of a feather flock together. Jordan said that jacare was like a father to him (before leaving him and stabbing him in the back).
now, if these guys see lloyd as a father figure, maybe just maybe lloyd has some influence on these guys who live in his house and spend all day in his gym.
does it make him any better at bjj? no. But he is an influence on these kids.
how many times do you hear him say he is mentoring these students? look up what mentoring means. If these guys see lloyd as a role model, he has no effect on their lives?

now, call me crazy, but i would guarantee every person on here with kids would freak the fuck out if they found out one of their kid's schoolteacher was involved in gangrape (at whatever level) 20 years ago. why is this any different.

yes, people can change over time, for sure, but not everyone does. i am pretty sure that sexual predators are the least rehabilitate-able criminals there are.

yes, she is a freak, a whore, a slut--- but she is not a person.

in the end, you have to be prepared to be held accountable for everything you have ever done.

no one is making false accusatations at lloyd, so deal with it. it is the truth. sorry if it makes you butthurt.

Just saw this on FB:

Tom Callos

That's some heavy stuff right there.

Wow, looks like Lloyd Irvin is done! It's a shame because he built such a great team and was starting to get respect from every one in the bjj community!

People are taking it worse than I expected!

Hey guys, I've been following this since the story broke, and I really don't want any of this info getting lost to the depths of the internet.

I've made a site to chronicle everything that is going on with this:
Lloyd Irvin Rape Exposed

I've already got a lot of info, anything that you feel should be added, or any comments are welcome, I'm posting up new info as it comes out.

If this story dies, then Lloyd Irvin gets to go back to his life like nothing happened. He should be reminded of every bit of this everyday for the rest of his life.

Hey guys, I've been following this since the story broke, and I really don't want any of this info getting lost to the depths of the internet.

I've made a site to chronicle everything that is going on with this:
Lloyd Irvin Rape Exposed

I've already got a lot of info, anything that you feel should be added, or any comments are welcome, I'm posting up new info as it comes out.

If this story dies, then Lloyd Irvin gets to go back to his life like nothing happened. He should be reminded of every bit of this everyday for the rest of his life.

Jesus. LI has nightmares about guys like you

This isn't the first time we've seen rape in sport, or BJJ. Franca did it and people forgot, the only reason why this is so big is because people are kicking dirt at LI.

Btw, Keenan = TLI.

In Hermes' case, do you think anyone honestly would want to go train with him now? Do you think he is still teaching? And was anyone trying to deny that it happened?

I think the internet and some others will probably tear LI reputation up. His academy may not end and I dont think it will be the end of his academy. But rape cases are never favorably viewed among people even if LI had nothing to do with it.

If I were Keenan I'd get out. He seems to be a good kid with a bright future and will be ridiculed if he stays with LI. It would be hard but I think Lloyd would understand. Lloyd has his past and that is that, but he also can't be blamed for the behavior of the guys that did this. His best bet would be to denounce the behavior of these guys, let it be known that the type of behavior these guys exhibited is deplorable,unforgiveable and will not be tolerated. And in no way take to their defense if they are prosecuted.

judging by how things are going on fb, I doubt many of them are leaving. people are saying things like "I can't believe all these hypocrites..." "haters..." "judging without facts..."

Its really sad that people keep saying we dont have facts. "You don't know what happened!"

How can you have 5 convictions and say no one knows what happened?

I would be embarrassed to have anything to do with them. Which is a shame because the Kumite was a great idea. But regardless he'll never get a dime from me.

Beta Academy in Washington DC has removed its affiliation with TLI, apparently

judging by how things are going on fb, I doubt many of them are leaving. people are saying things like "I can't believe all these hypocrites..." "haters..." "judging without facts..."

Its really sad that people keep saying we dont have facts. "You don't know what happened!"

How can you have 5 convictions and say no one knows what happened?

What stage of grief is denial?

Nope, if anything it will make them even closer, as well as raise awareness for women not just here but all across the Jiu-jitsu community. Sometimes a really negative event like this has positive effects on the other end, even from really heinous situations such as what happened.

So Devnull, care to identify yourself? Your account is new and you clearly don't have a history of wife rantings or flaming to worry about. Are you Lloyd Irvin? An employee? Weekend warrior who goes to 2-3 classes a week and occasionally enters a tournament?

I think some of his top guys may well leave. JT Torres has always seemed like a very good dude, I have a hard time seeing him stay. Don't know about DJ or Harbison. Jordan will probably stay, I'm not sure who else would take him plus he seems to have a warped sense of propriety anyway.

DJ will stay. I saw his fb reply to chloe Cornelius (keenan's sister) where he was shaming her for not supporting the team. there's screencaps floating around

Back