What will happen to boxing if Conor beats Pac? ( I like Conors chances)

Conor is not a legit 170 pound guy. Pac hits a lot harder than Floyd, he could probably kill Conor in a boxing fight.

Good point.

That 10lb weight difference probably bridges the skill and power gap between Miguel Cotto and Conor.

Ah morning sarcasm.

Listen, go watch Pac vs Margarito. The only thing keeping Margarito on his feet was his size advantage. Manny said he was the hardest puncher he fought and he hurt pac to the body. And he maybe landed 3 good shots the entire fight.

TS is straight up drunk. Pacman would get Mac out of there way faster than Floyd. Mac also is NOT a 170 pounder. The guy was the champ at 145 and 155, and has 1 fight at 170 that was due to unforeseen circumstances on short notice. Cotto, and Margarito are both Conor's size and I'd all but guarantee they both punch harder. Oh yeah, I also forgot there is something important in boxing that matters besides punching power, boxing skill, and Pacman is worlds beyond Mac in that department.

Conor is no Rocky Marciano and Pacman isn't a 120 year old Joe Lewis... :)

I think this fight will happen ...

Conor is much bigger than Pac and he never felt the power of a legit 170lbs guy.
giphy.gif

Ah morning sarcasm.

Listen, go watch Pac vs Margarito. The only thing keeping Margarito on his feet was his size advantage. Manny said he was the hardest puncher he fought and he hurt pac to the body. And he maybe landed 3 good shots the entire fight.

<45>

Like I said - this will go the exact same way as the discussions in the build up to the Mayweather vs McGregor, with half of Sherdog believing Conor could have some form of success against a world class boxer based solely on another world class boxer having some form of success against said boxer.

I’ll let you in on a secret - Conor McGregor is not Antonio Margarito and should never be equated to him simply because they’re a similar size. Margarito is a better boxer, hits much harder, is much tougher, is much more durable, better conditioned and has the capacity to rough other boxers up on the inside etc.

It amazes me how many people still use the same flawed logic after seeing Mayweather vs McGregor. It’s like me suggesting that because Khabib grapple fucked Conor into submission it would be a legitimate tactic for Mayweather to use against Conor in an MMA bout.

Conor's punches against Floyd were pathetically weak. Pac would just kill him like he did Hatton.

I think this fight will happen ...

Conor is much bigger than Pac and he never felt the power of a legit 170lbs guy.

Bruh Manny would beat Conor so fucking badly that Conor would have to wear a bicycle helmet for the rest of his life

Conor should fight Canelo or Kovalev at LHW. That's his weight class. 175. Boxers don't cut much weight and Conor will be equal in size.

Fighting a midget like Pac and going 12 rounds with him means nothing.
Manny would knock him out cold, and he only has 1 stoppage win in the past decade.

I hope Conor stays away from boxing tbh. I feel the whole Mayweather thing already took away 3 years of quality mma fights he could have had in his prime.

It really, really, really isn’t.
It is
<45>

Like I said - this will go the exact same way as the discussions in the build up to the Mayweather vs McGregor, with half of Sherdog believing Conor could have some form of success against a world class boxer based solely on another world class boxer having some form of success against said boxer.

I’ll let you in on a secret - Conor McGregor is not Antonio Margarito and should never be equated to him simply because they’re a similar size. Margarito is a better boxer, hits much harder, is much tougher, is much more durable, better conditioned and has the capacity to rough other boxers up on the inside etc.

It amazes me how many people still use the same flawed logic after seeing Mayweather vs McGregor. It’s like me suggesting that because Khabib grapple fucked Conor into submission it would be a legitimate tactic for Mayweather to use against Conor in an MMA bout.

You dont want to get into a boxing debate with me pal.

Fact: Manny never fought anyone over 160. Because Manny could never make 160. He is a small 147. Yet you believe he would have 0 problems with someone at 170. Thats like Manny agreeing to fight a super middleweight. Do you have any idea what you are talking about or is talking out of your ass just your thing?

Conor is an MMA fghter and has proven to be very very good two belts only two losses in UFC

He won't be competitive against top guys like Manny , Manny has the speed , stamina and power to make It a nightmare for Conor

Manny hits hard and Conor doesn't have enough power with the boxing gloves on to keep Pac off him

No disrespect to Conor but his skill set is being a mixed martial artist and remember Pqcman has had over 50 fights won World Championships in many weight classes .

Last edited:
It is

Fact: Manny never fought anyone over 160. Because Manny could never make 160. He is a small 147. Yet you believe he would have 0 problems with someone at 170. Thats like Manny agreeing to fight a super middleweight. Do you have any idea what you are talking about or is talking out of your ass just your thing?

You’re right on one thing - I don’t want to get into a boxing debate with you. Anyone who gives Conor McGregor a chance against Manny Pacquiao in the ring doesn’t know shit about boxing.

You’re conflicting Pacquiao having trouble with a legit elite level middleweight boxer and Pacquiao having trouble with anyone weighing 160lb+.

I weigh 160+, and I wouldn’t last one round in a ring with Pacquiao.

Surely anyone with a triple digit IQ can see how flawed the logic is when you try to equate Pacquiao having trouble with XYZ world class boxer to Pacquiao therefore having trouble with Conor McGregor? It doesn’t even take boxing knowledge to see how grossly illogical that thought process is.

It is

Fun fact they wouldn't fight at 170 so Conor would have to drop a fuckload of weight. They'd likely fight at welterweight. Max weight Manny would go to at his age would likely be around 151. I know Conor can weight cut but 20lbs. Manny would be far more comfortable than Conor without having to cut as much and Conor wouldn't be able to use an IV to re-hydrate. Conor wouldn't be able to handle the speed, the pressure and the angles Manny brings to a fight. Only hope Conor would have is a lucky punch because his combos are garbage if the Mayweather fight are anything to go by. Though in that time I'm sure Conor has worked on his boxing a fair bit more. At least you would hope so.

But regardless of that I'm hoping that the fight just never happens. MMA fighters should stay in MMA and boxers should stay in boxing. These crossover fights are just a circus act.

You’re right on one thing - I don’t want to get into a boxing debate with you. Anyone who gives Conor McGregor a chance against Manny Pacquiao in the ring doesn’t know shit about boxing.

You’re conflicting Pacquiao having trouble with a legit elite level middleweight boxer and Pacquiao having trouble with anyone weighing 160lb+.

I weigh 160+, and I wouldn’t last one round in a ring with Pacquiao.

Surely anyone with a triple digit IQ can see how flawed the logic is when you try to equate Pacquiao having trouble with XYZ world class boxer to Pacquiao therefore having trouble with Conor McGregor? It doesn’t even take boxing knowledge to see how grossly illogical that thought process is.

Funny where did I say Conor wins? If you can't even keep up with who said what how do you expect me to take you seriously.

I mean, especially since you really believe that a 23 pound weight advantage means nothing and would cause Manny no problems. I mean seriously dude. obviously Manny wins. But you really think the size means nothing...who are you kidding

Also the fight would not take place at 150 that is ridiculous it would have to be 154 @Woldog

Back