What will go down as the best rivalry of this era

I would argue Pac Mayweather still falls within this era. It transcended all the other PPVs as they were usually even mentioned in the promotion for unrelated fights.
Their fight was the end of the previous era. And Marquez-Pacquiao was a bigger rivalry.

Fury Wilder. Was controversial, drama packed, entertaining inside & outside the ring. 2 larger that life personalities. Propelled both to mainstream fame levels. Both dudes in their prime & peak. Great fights that had it all. Hell we still argue about Fury Wilder every dam day around here.

GGG & Canelo so far has not been as explosive as you would imagine. Bit of a stalemate and chess match at times. Didn't really do too much outside of boxing after the 1st fight. Wouldn't say it took either guy to their height. It will also always be marred by GGG fans claiming he was not in his prime & GGG's age & regression.

IMO. Crawford & Spence could easily surpass Canelo/GGG in epicness when it goes down.

Fury Wilder. Was controversial, drama packed, entertaining inside & outside the ring. 2 larger that life personalities. Propelled both to mainstream fame levels. Both dudes in their prime & peak. Great fights that had it all. Hell we still argue about Fury Wilder every dam day around here.

GGG & Canelo so far has not been as explosive as you would imagine. Bit of a stalemate and chess match at times. Didn't really do too much outside of boxing after the 1st fight. Wouldn't say it took either guy to their height. It will also always be marred by GGG fans claiming he was not in his prime & GGG's age & regression.

IMO. Crawford & Spence could easily surpass Canelo/GGG in epicness when it goes down.
Borderline shit post.

Borderline shit post.
Canelo is yesterday's news.... Usyk is king. Bivol is your god. Spence & Crawford are going to be heard about at your local water cooler.
Its ok you can still fantasize about your Golden Boyz Dejulez. Comprende'

Man.. I just rewatched the Fury Wilder fights and yeah I’m going with them.

People say it was too one sided, and from a technical standpoint yes. absolutely. But the number of knockdowns in all three fights and that slugfest in the early rounds of the third fight was incredible. Maybe the most brutal back and forth brawl I’ve ever seen. Two giants going at it.

even Wilder getting decimated in the second fight was entertaining.

wilder-ortiz tetralogy.

we are halfway there!

Fury vs Joshua wasn’t a rivalry, fuck that.

Deontay vs Fury shouldn’t be a rivalry because deontay lost 3 times but almost knocking him out plus all the drama inside and out the ring between those two those make it feel like a rivalry.

Fury Wilder. Clenelo-GGG ain't got nothin' on Fury's post-fight concerto.

HW rivalries will always take historical precedence over ultimately irrelevant sideshow feuds between little people.

Fury vs Wilder may not have been the perfect rivalry and was too one-sided to rank with the ATG HW feuds. But it carried enough drama of dramatic KDs, comebacks and KOs between two legit monsters that it is laughable to compare midget rivalries between people who can't even knock each other down, like Canelo vs GGG, to it.

Yep Fury v Wilder for me, Joshua missed his chance to be a part of an epic trilogy with either.

The fury Wilder trilogy had the most drama in the ring and out. Those guys still hate each other, kind of sad that they will probably never get over their hate and will hang on to it till the day they die

The fury Wilder trilogy had the most drama in the ring and out. Those guys still hate each other, kind of sad that they will probably never get over their hate and will hang on to it till the day they die

Do they really? I don't pay too close attention, but I'd like to ignorantly claim that they likely respect have respect and really can't hate each other after what they went through together.

Do they really? I don't pay too close attention, but I'd like to ignorantly claim that they likely respect have respect and really can't hate each other after what they went through together.

After their last fight there was a point where Wilder congratulated Fury on Twitter and fury said thanks in a video and it was looking like maybe they would start respecting each other again but that doesn't seem to be the case unfortunately. It's sad when you think that before the fight these guys actually did respect each other

Back