What will go down as the best rivalry of this era

Cariñito

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Canelo-GGGs trilogy will take the cake but there was Fury-Wilder, Usky-Joshua, Estrada-Gonzalez (Which stretch's back 10 years). Might be missing a couple, but which rivalry do u think exemplified this era.

HW rivalries will always take historical precedence over ultimately irrelevant sideshow feuds between little people.

Fury vs Wilder may not have been the perfect rivalry and was too one-sided to rank with the ATG HW feuds. But it carried enough drama of dramatic KDs, comebacks and KOs between two legit monsters that it is laughable to compare midget rivalries between people who can't even knock each other down, like Canelo vs GGG, to it.

HW rivalries will always take historical precedence over ultimately irrelevant sideshow feuds between little people.

Fury vs Wilder may not have been the perfect rivalry and was too one-sided to rank with the ATG HW feuds. But it carried enough drama of dramatic KDs, comebacks and KOs between two legit monsters that it is laughable to compare midget rivalries between people who can't even knock each other down, like Canelo vs GGG, to it.
Canelo & GGG's rivalry was an irrelevant sideshow between midgets? You deserve to be dubbed for such dumbassery.

Fury/Wilder was way too one sided and they were good fights to watch live when you didn't know what was going to happen, but they aren't rewatchable. It's not as if most rounds of the first fight were especially competitive, they had very little action in them outside of the knockdowns.

GGG/Canelo so far have had two great competitive fights that you can enjoy over and over for the high pace and top quality boxing, and their third will probably be at least pretty good.

GGG/Canelo >>>>>>>>> Fury/Wilder

Canelo & GGG's rivalry was an irrelevant sideshow between midgets? You deserve to be dubbed for such dumbassery.

Canelo is shorter than Claressa Shields.

I think a major part of having a great rivalry is that both people involved have to be the height of a grown man.

I'm sorry if that offends you.

I think a major part of having a great rivalry is that both people involved have to be the height of a grown man.

What about GGG's height? It's identical to Mike Tyson's. We could play this game all day.

But he's above the global average height of a grown man, surely it's okay if we like his boxing with that fact in mind?

But he's above the global average height of a grown man, surely it's okay if we like his boxing with that fact in mind?
This person seems obsessed with height. Given that his location says he lives in Mongolia that's quite odd. The average male height there is only between 5'6-5'7 which is even shorter than Canelo.

enano-midget.gif

For purely entertainment value, nothing of this era comes close to Fury/Wilder. Even when they weren't fighting, we had the constant back-and-forth between them, on top of the most hilarious, absurd excuse ever made in boxing history about losing a fight.

Fury/Wilder was way too one sided and they were good fights to watch live when you didn't know what was going to happen, but they aren't rewatchable. It's not as if most rounds of the first fight were especially competitive, they had very little action in them outside of the knockdowns.

GGG/Canelo so far have had two great competitive fights that you can enjoy over and over for the high pace and top quality boxing, and their third will probably be at least pretty good.

GGG/Canelo >>>>>>>>> Fury/Wilder

The first Canelo/Golovkin fight was not good. A lot of looking and not much action. Just Canelo stood against the ropes and Golovkin hesitant to throw. The second fight was much better, but the third Fury/Wilder fight blows either of these two fights out of the water.

If you think everyone below a certain height is a midget, then would you kindly rattle off your top 10 boxers P4P? I'm sure it'll be a flawless list.

It come down to the two big ones, and between them, it really depends on what day you catch me.

If we are talking about edge of your seat action, Fury vs Wilder takes it. It was at times ugly and sloppy. However, we knew at any moment Deontay could land on if his death-touch right hand and the fight might be over, that’s tough to beat.

Canelo vs GGG is/was high level work by two evenly matched future hall of famers. What’s not to like? Both men can crack, so it possible somebody gets dropped or stopped.

again, it depends on what I’m feeling the day you ask me.

Tossup between Canelo vs GGG and Gonzalez vs Estrada ; we'll see how to rank them when they all have fought thrice.

I would argue Pac Mayweather still falls within this era. It transcended all the other PPVs as they were usually even mentioned in the promotion for unrelated fights.

Tossup between Canelo vs GGG and Gonzalez vs Estrada ; we'll see how to rank them when they all have fought thrice.

I'm ashamed that i didn't even think of Choco and Estrada.

Back