What will Dustin’s game plan be against Conor?

Young Calf Kick

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So Conor will obviously work on checking/avoiding kicks and will be prepared for the signature ATT calf kick from Poirier.

But of course, focusing on defending these means a (albeit small) change in fighting style, which in turn means you will be more vulnerable to different attacks.

what should Dustin do different this time to maximize his potential success?

I think this time he will play a bit safer becasue of that trilogy is very important...Maybe he is eyeing a 50-45 or make Conor tired and finish him in the later rounds due to Conor s weak cardio

I feel that at FW, Conor at the power advantage, but at LW Dustin is really at his peak and hits harder. Conor will have to counter perfectly every power shots from Dustin.

to put conor to sleep again.

UFC-264-Conor-McGregor-vs-Dustin-Poirier-3-rematch-1.jpg

There is no strong motivation for Dustin to win this fight, he’s getting paid great regardless of his performance. Conor is the one that’s laying it all on the line, if he loses this fight, he loses all his star power, Dustin doesn’t seem to be too excited about fighting for the title I figure he’s only here to get paid.

This is why I think Conor wins the trilogy, his will to win will be greater.

Knock him the fuck out. Conos glass jaw has been exposed. Diaz weakened it. Khabib shattered it. And Now Dustin is dealing with the leftovers.

Whilst I think Conor will have worked on countering and evading the calf-kick I think its probably fair to say that Dustin and his team will have compensated for this during camp, so I don't expect him to come out with exactly the same game plan as the last fight.

Conor will need to counter effectively inside the early rounds and hope to land that power shot - the longer it goes the more it sways into Dustin's favour.

Its too close to call for me as to who the winner will be - suffice to say that Conor will rapidly lose the last of his star power if he loses...

I think this time he will play a bit safer becasue of that trilogy is very important...Maybe he is eyeing a 50-45 or make Conor tired and finish him in the later rounds due to Conor s weak cardio

That is precisely what I was thinking

Dustin Knows he has the gas tank, he just needs to avoid taking damage early and as the rounds go on? he will pick up the pace

Personally I think he will stop conor in the 4th round this time

Stay defensive, draw out attacks, counter
Wrestling
Clinching
See if calf kicks still work, if not try lowkicks, if not only throw them when saver
Getting at the 8 minute mark, now Conor is tired

Conor has no cardio if he isn't dominating his opponent and since he gained weight. Now he is 7months older

Not too much different. Most important part will still be wrestling him up, and be more conservative and less predictable with the calf kicks. If Conor is able to deal with it those elements should still get him to the later rounds where Dustin is likely to become stronger. It's looking to be a lot more favourable for Dustin at this point.

attack connor´s weaknesses in this order

1 mind (already done)
2 wrestling
3 cardio
4 chin

So Conor will obviously work on checking/avoiding kicks and will be prepared for the signature ATT calf kick from Poirier.

But of course, focusing on defending these means a (albeit small) change in fighting style, which in turn means you will be more vulnerable to different attacks.

what should Dustin do different this time to maximize his potential success?

I think everyone’s plan at this point is deep water. Landing kicks if available makes sense too.

Back