What will be the next Middleweight title fight?

Chuck Rock

Blue Belt
Banned
Reaction score
On the same night we will be seeing Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold and Jacare Souza vs Yoel Romero. Obviously the 2 winners will end up facing each other barring injury or failed drug test.

What will the next middleweight title fight be?

If Chris loses he will get a rematch. I am sure he has a rematch clause in his contract like the rest of the champions seem to have. Romero or Jacare should be next.

Romero - Weidman

Should have been the MW title fight 18 months ago, which I posted in another thread. Romero isn't getting any younger.

Weidman vs Jacare in February 2017, Super Bowl card

Romero - Weidman

Should have been the MW title fight 18 months ago, which I posted in another thread. Romero isn't getting any younger.

Romero should of got a title shot after beating Brad tavares?

better question what's the title fight after this title fight? Yoel vs mousasi-whittaker

I hope it's Weidman/Jacare

In reality..I'm starting to think it'll be Rockhold/Jacare 2. I hope I'm wrong

Romero should of got a title shot after beating Brad tavares?

Yeah, and Jon Jones should have gotten a title shot after beating Vera or Matyushenko if he were celebrating his 37th birthday. It was obvious then that Romero was a beast. No reason to delay the inevitable for a guy who is on the irreversible physical decline of his late 30's.

UFC has always made guys fight way too many times to earn a title shot. Shit, a guy like Ben Rothwell has won four of his last five and has looked really impressive over his last three fights. He's beaten guys like Schaub, Overeem and Mitrione. I say give him a title eliminator fight, but UFC would rather give Bigfoot his 177th failed title bid instead and make Rothwell win three more times before giving him a title fight.

If a guy looks good, fresh, refined, improved, intriguing ... shit, give him a chance. Way better than the stale rematches we've been subjected to. But the UFC only treats you that way if you're marketable and profitable and from a market they want to exploit (preferably with English-speaking white guys!), like Conor. Then you get the one-way ticket to a title fight. If you're Khabib Nurmogomedov, they give you Pat fuckin' Healy after you've rattled off three straight dominant wins that started with Gleison Tibau. This is why UFC is a joke as a legitimate sport and is a sports entertainment business first, like WWE.

I know jacare has a ton of fanboys on here, but I don't really care to see the guy fight. I'd much rather see Romero fight teh Chris. Finishing Kennedy, and machida is more then jacare has done lately, anyway.

Weidman vs romero even though i think weidman will make short work of him

I think Weidman vs Romero is next. Though Weidman vs Jacare would be good too, both are intriguing fights. I don't see Rockhold getting it done.

Back