What were your thoughts on Till tapping?

Till got his ass beat, nothing wrong with him tapping. Any fighter can tap, some just choose not to, and end up looking silly laying unconscious in the middle of a cage in front of thousands of people as a result of a situation they could have prevented with a simple tap.

D'arce chokes are the fucking worst thing to get caught with. It literally compresses your neck and once it's locked in it's absolutely over, you're going out in 5 seconds while it feels like your head is about to explode. Now imagine a guy like Woodley squeezing your neck like that. Shut the fuck up
Are you telling me to shut the fuck up? I'm not saying for second that he shouldn't tap, I'm just surprised that he did.

giphy.webp

I hate these guys that talk all big then get in the cage and are timid cowards and till is the prime example of that huge mouth but no balls

He was being soundly beaten by a superior fighter, and he knew it. The exact reason he tapped.

I expected and predicted it and I won cash because of it.

He just struck me as the type of guy not to tap, guess I was wrong.

That choke wasn't in for long and he tapped pretty quickly, I'm not for one second saying he shouldn't have tapped because I genuinely think he would have been asleep in the next 5-10 seconds if he hadn't tapped.

I like anyone else love a warrior who doesn't tap and just goes out on their shield, but there is also not shame in tapping when it's over. It still makes me sick how Nogueira refused to tap due to his BJJ ego, only to see him arm snapped in half a moment later.

Chokes tend to be a little more dividing than joint locks though, should you just go to sleep whilst trying to escape, Merab Dvalishvili style? Especially in a do or die title fight like this.

Happy to see fighters tap when it's over, but I won't deny that I'm surprised that he tapped.
Why would he not tap?
He was stuck and the only other option was going unconscious. Not sure why one would choose going out over tapping.

That choke wasn't in for long and he tapped pretty quickly, I'm not for one second saying he shouldn't have tapped because I genuinely think he would have been asleep in the next 5-10 seconds if he hadn't tapped.

I like anyone else love a warrior who doesn't tap and just goes out on their shield, but there is also not shame in tapping when it's over. It still makes me sick how Nogueira refused to tap due to his BJJ ego, only to see him arm snapped in half a moment later.

Chokes tend to be a little more dividing than joint locks though, should you just go to sleep whilst trying to escape, Merab Dvalishvili style? Especially in a do or die title fight like this.

Happy to see fighters tap when it's over, but I won't deny that I'm surprised that he tapped.

Im sure the sub was tight but tbh he should have been unconscious right from when he got dropped, never mind the beating that followed. Dude showed a ton of heart

I always think "that dude should have tapped".

There's a point you don't come back from, and an experienced fighter knows when it is.
I get you.

At the same time, there’s something about a real grudge match like Baroni/Shamrock where a fighter not tapping adds something special to the fight. That’s rare. Safety is important after all.

Same as whenever any other fighter taps, it's part of the game, no shame in it.

Fedor, GSP, Anderson, Shogun, Conor, Randy, Nog, Hendo, Machida, Hughes etc. So many of the greats have tapped at some point.

Said it THE SECOND brabo was barely secured.Im not aware of Tills ground game but ,obviously, he needs to evolve there .That was downright negligible in my MMA playbook (I understand he took some shots prior but still)

I have a suggestion for anyone who thinks Till went out like a bitch. Do this: get rocked by an overhand right, eat 20 elbows, then get put in a tight darce. If you don't tap after all of that, then you can call Till a bitch. Otherwise, stfu.

I consider not tapping when caught the same as if you get tagged and put your hands down and let the guy hit you more.
Stupid, unnecessary, and whoever thinks this is 'masculine' needs to have their man-card revoked.

Back