What were you doing on 9/11?

What were you doing at 9/11?

• Total voters

ALAN PARTRIDGE

NO LONGER REGISTERED
@Steel
Reaction score
Where were You when you heard about the 9/11 Attacks in New York?

I was 19, on Holiday by myself in Orlando, at the time I heard about it, I was shopping in Belz factory outlet on I-drive.

Later that evening I went to the cinema in Pointe Orlando to watch Jay and Silent Bob strike back.

I was in pottery class in HS. The teacher had stepped out for a min, but then ran in the classroom and turned on the TV, the 1st tower was already burning.

And then the 2nd tower got hit, and man it felt like everything stopped. Everyone was completely glued to the TV. One of the football coaches, who was also a chem teacher lost his sister who was in one of the towers.

In Dallas, TX on a bucket truck when I had a line job is where I was when the world stop turning, brah.

Last edited:
I was in pottery class in HS. The teacher had stepped out for a min, but then ran in the classroom and turned on the TV, the 1st tower was already burning.

And then the 2nd tower got hit, and man it felt like everything stopped. Everyone was completely glued to the TV. One of the football coaches, who was also a chem teacher lost his sister who was in one of the towers.

Thanks for your story bro, Well I'm British, so did not have the worry of having anyone I knew being there. but whole thing was shocking for me being in America at the time and security at Disney and Universal was never the same again after that day.

I was asleep and my mom woke me up for school and told me the tower was on fire. She yelled when the second one got hit live and I jumped up to go watch.

I remember being at school before the morning bell talking to my friends about it and hearing jets in the sky....Im not sure what they were doing....maybe flying near the ports / refineries around Long Beach, CA

I was in Kabul.

The Kabul Hostel in Barcelona that is.

i was in spain in a bar. had to fly home 3 days latter,took over 24 hours to get home.

I was in 3rd grade, there was an announcement on speakers saying everyone will be going home early and we were all like FUCK YEAH. Saw some kids crying and shit and was kind of confused and then when I got picked up and found out what happened I was pretty shocked. A big WTF moment as I didn't understand terrorism and shit like that

Rotations for my degree.
Watched the second plane hit then I left to give blood.

I was in 3rd grade and didn't really understand that it was a big deal, I was mostly just stoked that I got to leave school early, went home and played the shit out of some GTA 3.

out biking with my cousin, think we were like 8? lol
stopped in at an old couple's place n they were watching on the tv
we got bored tbh n went back out biking x:

Freshman in high school in gym class. I was living in northern Virginia at the time. There was supposed to be a cross country meet that day after school, but it was cancelled. When I got home, my family packed up bags in case we had to get out of the area quickly. I had no idea about the gravity of the situation, nor did I have an idea of what was going to come out of it. What a watershed moment.

At home. Getting ready to have my mom drive me to middle school. I think was 7th grade?

I first remember hearing about it back in 4th grade class when the 4th grade teacher showed the 9/11 attacks from the class TV. I think school ended early because of that

For you younger people, can you remember a world before terrorism became a part of our political lexicon? I think part of why us older people are so wrapped up in it is because we can remember a world without that as a threat that laid in the forefront of our minds. How do you perceive the current threat environment?

It's weird. That day, I had no idea what was in store for either our country or for me personally. The whole trajectory of my life changed forever that day, but I just didn't see it then.

I think I was in school, don't remember.

I was 7.

7th grade cutting class and smoking weed. When I got home my step dad was all excited and I thought he found out what I was doing, but I got saved by a terrorist attack. I was so lucky bro

Back