What were the UFC 1 fighter pays?

Didn't the winner get 40K or something?

Just checked. $50K. I don't think there was any show money for anyone else.

50k winner take all is only info I have ever heard. I highly doubt the other contestants didnt get any money at all though.

Didn't the winner get 40K or something?

Just checked. $50K. I don't think there was any show money for anyone else.

Im sure everyone got paid something to participate.

Free ride in one of these

Ambulance-2.gif

And a pint

bloodbag.jpg

Nope Winner takes all

I have a hard time believing this,though. If thats really how it went,its kinda fucked up.

I have a hard time believing this,though. If thats really how it went,its kinda fucked up.
There was only 2 rules. No biting, no eye gouging enforced by $1,500 fine, so yeah I believe it. It was about Pride and who's martial art was better. Wasn't about money

What do you expect to get paid in a brand new sport? Everyone was a nobody. They had bar fighters in the damn thing. Don't think those guys had agents.

I'm sure they got something though. A couple hundred bucks, maybe.

What do you expect to get paid in a brand new sport? Everyone was a nobody. They had bar fighters in the damn thing. Don't think those guys had agents.

I'm sure they got something though. A couple hundred bucks, maybe.

thats what im thinking,had to get something! Some of those guys were definitley professional fighters. Art Jimmerson i think got paid alot of money to participate. No way the other guys got nothing.

Before McLaren would spill the beans and divulge the method to Jimmerson's madness that faithful night at the McNichols Arena, he provided some narrative.

"He was nervous. He didn't want to do it," McLaren said, explaining how he was able to sign Jimmerson for UFC 1. "I flew out to St. Louis and I met with him. We had a conversation and we went back-and-forth, and finally he goes -- he's a really nice man, he's a really good guy -- and he goes, ‘I'm buying a house and I need a $15,000 down payment.' I said, ‘I'll give you $15,000 to do the UFC.' He said, ‘Okay, I'll do it.' Just like that."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/16/5109964/ufc-1-story-art-jimmerson-lone-boxing-glove-mma

Im positive art got paid more than anyone else,but i cant imagine they paid him that and gave everyone else nothing.

thats what im thinking,had to get something! Some of those guys were definitley professional fighters. Art Jimmerson i think got paid alot of money to participate. No way the other guys got nothing.

The thing with Art though, was that he was a professional boxer who they wanted to participate, and had to lure him into it.

Some guys were just crazy and wanted to fight. Could've paid those guys a dollar and they would've shown up.

Back