What were the Japanese's reasons for removing 2 handed clinch in K-1?

what are you talking about, my first post was about the influence of broadcasting on the amount of rounds in a kb fights and my second post in your thread was mentioning schilts dominance that contributed to rule change. couldnt be more ontopic than that fuckaimuaythai

sure, both of those posts are trolling. get the fuck out of your own thread, you are talking crap

Oh shit. Didn't see your name on those posts. Apologies.

You have to admit that you do troll sometimes, though.

Muay Thai fighters... especially ones named Buakaw

Thanks for the responses. So instead of just getting better at dealing with the clinch, the Japanese were just like "fuck it". Lame, that's a step backward in sports IMO

Title fights are indeed 5 rounds, but title fights are like 1/10th of fights.
My guess/impression is that the Japanese see kickboxing as part of their culture. When it starts to look too much like MT they associate it with otherness and tweek the rules so it looks more like how they think it ideally should.

Personally I wouldnt mind more rounds but I think the 3x3 round fights will help get a lot of fans who are too ADD for the many rounds of boxing and the long rounds of mma.

i personally like the rules

a separation of Kickboxing and Full Muay Thai

3x3 min rounds is good,thigs are on this formact because kickboxing was always evolved in a lot of tournaments,so shorts fights,especially in k-1 days,in the past if i am not wrong,american kickboxing formact was under 12rounds 3 min ruleset

I personally like a lot 3x3 min rounds,it motivate both fighters to go heavy action,but title fights always on 5 rounds for sure

Because both Overeem and Buakaw killed the competition.

Wanted to put Jeffie in his place.

But he is already banned, lol.

Back