What Weight Class Would u Add?

Splitting the heaviest guys is bound to happen eventually. I reckon cruiserwight at 205-240 and heavyweight from 240+ makes the most sense.

It'd be great to see a more up to date version of openweight tournaments, say a competition open to 8/16 fights between 170 - 205 or 185 - 230. The organisation announces the contest, takes expressions of interest from anyone who wants to compete, and chooses a field and makes a random draw. Would never see it happening in the States or Europe. Maybe Russia or Japan

225. Then no limit at 265 if I had a choice. Or a women's 145 is ok too

225. Then no limit at 265 if I had a choice.

Yep, this sounds good to me too.

I think it's stupid that some guys have to cut weight just to fight at heavyweight. If you can't make 225, then you're a beast and you fight other beasts in the beast class.

Honestly, change WW to 165 and add a 175 division, it just seems odd having 170 when looking at all the other classes, and I think both divisions would fill up nicely.

Splitting the heaviest guys is bound to happen eventually. I reckon cruiserwight at 205-240 and heavyweight from 240+ makes the most sense.

It'd be great to see a more up to date version of openweight tournaments, say a competition open to 8/16 fights between 170 - 205 or 185 - 230. The organisation announces the contest, takes expressions of interest from anyone who wants to compete, and chooses a field and makes a random draw. Would never see it happening in the States or Europe. Maybe Russia or Japan

Yeah because its not like there's a dirth of talent at the HW or anything.

Womens Super Heavyweight
N6EDY.png

Women's Featherweight division has a fighter with a 1-0 record ranked at number 12. Think about that before adding that waste of a division lol.

None, if anything I would cut the women's divisions altogether and everything under 155lbs for the men. Tired of all these crappy fights I have to do something else during until they are over and the real fights start.

None right now, but maybe a 235 lbs division in the future.

Women`s Flyweight. 105 and 145 have some notable fighters that casuals know (Waterson, or Cyborg), but neither division is half as deep as 125. The 125ers are quite established with some dominant veteran fighters (Porto, Maia, etc.), and champ (Barb Honchak) and a lot of new, up-n-coming talent (Bennet, KGB, Corso, etc.).

If you made me choose between 105 and 145, I`d go with 105 (AW) just because there is not as big of a talent discrepancy. Tiburcio can beat Waterson can beat Hamasaki can beat Brown can beat Tiburcio. Some of the smaller SWs in the UFC could also fight at their natural weight then, like Penne, Ham, Hill, and Ellis. And, there are some up-n-comers in this division as well (Yu Frey, Esquibel, etc.).

People who love Cyborg and want the UFC to make a 145 for her...I`m sorry, it`s just a terrible idea. There aren`t even 5 interesting fights you could make in that division. And the discrepancy in talent if too vast between the #1 ranked fighter and the #10 ranked fighter.

But, the worst possible choice for a new UFC division would be men`s super HW; I couldn`t imagine more boring fights. You`d either get a haymaker connecting and knocking out a guy in the first minute of the fight...or you`d get two huge fatties/roidies swinging wildly between huffing-and-puffing for 15 minutes. It'd be like playing Street Fighter II with 4 buttons that don`t work and an inability to pull back and block....ultimately, futile and tedious.

Jarl

Back