What Weight Class Would u Add?

if anything there are to many weight classes.

leafsange.jpg

You would have a better audience mocking the current lineup. I swear if these guys were half as defensive on the ice as they are with the press they'd be #1.

Add one class to men's upper weight divisions:

205 Lt Heavy
235 Heavy
No Limit Super Heavy

So your super heavies would be 255+ walkaround weight. People will say there isn't enough HW talent out there to justify this, but this could bring some talent in. There are a lot of athletes out there who would have a hard time hitting a 265 limit. Just watch college and pro football one weekend to see a thousand or more of them.

People aren't even going to try the sport if they think they can't compete in it. Open up Super HW, and as people get interested, some of those big guys will make the cut and trickle down to HW at 235 as well.

I would add LightMW and change the weight classes

HW 265 max (HW as is)
LHW 210 (bigger LHW's

Too many as it is. And if I were to add one, it would be open-weight.

None. Instead, I would get rid of the classes below featherweight. Might as well watch the women if they are that size.

Open weight for some good ol freakshow fights

None. Instead, I would get rid of the classes below featherweight. Might as well watch the women if they are that size.
Look man, I know Urijah Faber and Liz Carmouche look alike, but if you can't tell the difference in the way they fight, then this isn't the sport for you.

HW limit around 240 and SHW with no limit.

ADD???!!!

I would take a few away.

This is what would be left

HW

Have Open-Weight fights when they host events overseas. Miss these events.

Women's Featherweight, just to watch Cyborg unleash vicious beatings and build her profile up more for a future Rousey Superfight down the line. Bury the non-title fights on the Fight Pass prelims and/or by loaning fighters from that division to Invicta since there's no depth to the division and nobody wants to see them fight.

The UFC would be making a mistake letting Cyborg go to Bellator and take over the W145 pound division. They should make the pre-emptive strike to block them now.

I'd love to see a 225ish (cruiserweight?) i guess. The only problem is that there are too few HW's that will be in shape over 225 i guess.

Openweight. Open to any fighter who dares enter a no weight limit division, even on a temp basis.

I'd say women's 145

Insanity, there isn't even close to enough women fighters at 145 to make 1/2 a weight class. Who are the top 6 145 pounders and what are their records?

Last edited:
I would just rename them.

125 - BW
135 - FW
145 - LW
155 - WW
170 - MW
185 - LHW
205 - Cruiserweight
265 - HW

Also, 105 should be called minimumweight, not atomweight. Minimumweight is a real weight class historically. "Atomweight" is totally made up and is just called that becaues of this absurd notion that the names of the weight class denote smaller and smaller things. Newsflash: a bantam (which is a young chicken) weighs much more than a feather.

catchweight:check your ego at the scale and no cowards allowed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back