What we Learned from RDA vs Felder

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have learned why RDA went special to Brasil for Makhachev.
He always does his camps in the US but for makhachev he went to Brasil for a special grappling camp.
He even took his family with him. That's how serious and dangerous he took Makhachev.
We have learned that his camp in Brasil wouldn't have helped him. He would still loose against Makhachev.

It added some evidence that fight camps do indeed help with timing, precision, and speed rather than just being a way to beat the shit out of the trainee and lower their effectiveness when the fight comes. (I'd actually been wondering about this a bit given my vague impression that short-notice guys sometimes looked better than usual given that they weren't worn out from a long camp.)

Bisping said that he overtrained his entire career.

I wonder if he took it a bit easier he might have snagged those close split decisions against Chael and Rashad.

Glad he made lots of money anyway

Only guys to out grapple RDA are much larger opponents and Khabib

The most important thing learned imo is that Chris Lee is the successor to Adelaide bird. He is the new scapegoat bribed oficial that takes money under the table from his superiors.

The reason it was a split decision was because they would've had to pay out too much to that majority of gamblers that betted on rda precisely winning a unanimous decision.
I think a lot like you. Congrats, you can see what a few ones can.

People forget sports and gambling have some connections and this is what happens - a split decision that no one could understand why it happened lol. Like many other unexplained results out there. Sad but true.

Last edited:
- Felder would have no answer for Islam's TDs as he couldn't even defend well against RDAs.

- Islam was rightfully the -450 betting favorite against RDA as RDA wouldn't have been able to offensively grapple against Islam like he did to beat Felder.

Islam would beat both but so far the rankings don't show it. In time they will.
That's not how it works. You're using the most innacurate form of mmath to purely speculate.
What we do know is that RDA was able to beat a completely different style on 5 days notice while Islam ducked because of a staph infection that hundreds of fighters have fought with before.

Is this guy even real, I try to watch him fight, he's not there, I try to play as him in EA Sports UFC 4, he's not there... So I choose Erick Silva instead.
tenor.gif

We didn't learn anything. Felder is terrible.

Actually, we learned that being class pet to the UFC somehow convinces judges to be absolutely ridicious. How the fuck did anyone score that fight anything but 50-45 RDA? One fucking judge actually had felder WINNING the fight ... what the fuck, someone call the governor.

I for one (for two including Ackmed) think Islam has backed up the hype so far. Has everyone forgotten about the Arman Tsarukyan fight? And a -450 favorite? The last time I checked he was a -550 favorite against RDA. Those odds don't just suggest superstar potential, they confirm it.

Still, Islam - like Khamzat - needs to fight a top-10 guy before I don't dispute Khabib's prediction that Islam will become the champ.

Last edited:
Islam won't be ranked next week.

- Felder would have no answer for Islam's TDs as he couldn't even defend well against RDAs.

- Islam was rightfully the -450 betting favorite against RDA as RDA wouldn't have been able to offensively grapple against Islam like he did to beat Felder.

Islam would beat both but so far the rankings don't show it. In time they will.
I know you are a troll but I will play along. Wouldn't it make sense for a fighter to put the fight in the area they hold an advantage over the opponent? Why would you assume RDA would use the same game plan against Islam as he did vs Felder? Assuming you are right and Islam is the better grappler what do you think RDA might do? Perhaps he uses his superior striking? That's why they have the actual fights and not just theoretical game theory. You can roll dice and decide how it plays out or you can watch the fight. Except Islam didn't make it to the fight so we didn't get to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back