What was your GOTY for 2014 across all platforms?

Bayonetta 2. Not even close. Best action game ever made.

Not trying to troll or anything, but what makes the game so good? It looks like a typical smash X for huge combos type of game.

Seems like 2014 wasn't very good for stellar titles. Most of them felt like the same shit with new elements here and there. Far Cry 4 = Far Cry 3, LoTR: SoM = Batman:AA, Dragon Age = Dragon Age, etc. all felt boring after a week or so.

The games that stood out to me aren't exactly the highest rated or critically acclaimed but they were different experiences that felt refreshing to a veteran gamer like myself.

Stick of Truth
DayZ SA
ARMA 3

The level of difficulty it takes to play games like DayZ and ARMA are VERY rewarding. They feel more like an adult game than anything else.

Call of Duty = Kids
Battlefield = Teens
ARMA = MEN

Not trying to troll or anything, but what makes the game so good? It looks like a typical smash X for huge combos type of game.

The combat system is actually pretty deep, mashing the same button over and over again gets you nowhere, you'll end up with a Stone Award that way. There's a practice mode you can enter before you play the stages to learn how to pull-off the moves. The game rewards insane combinations.

It's fast-paced, has a great soundtrack, and an enjoyable online co-op mode. It's just great fun.

Bayonetta 2. Not even close. Best action game ever made.

Considering buying a Wii U just for this but I think the wife would kill me. The first one was so good.

This. Maybe the best game I've ever played. Really blew me away.

I personally wouldn't go so far as to call it one of the best games I've played. But I thought it was a great game.

Found Jerzey's older thread while trying to dig up the official DS2 thread, so I merged it.

The only games I played last year that were released last year were Lightning Returns, Reaper of Souls and Warlords of Draenor. And well, Ground Zeroes. I guess I'll choose Reaper of Souls, I think that was the one I played the most.

Destiny gets my vote.

It wasn't the best rated game but it's giving me hours of PvP enjoyment and I really love all the different guns that the game has to offer. Bungie made another classic as far as I'm concerned.

Back