What was your GOTY for 2014 across all platforms?

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Game of the forever.

Dark Souls 2. Put about 200 hours into that shit.

Bayonetta 2.

More of the same over-the-top greatness as the original. It's easier, I don't think I died or used any items during my first playthrough, but it feels more rewarding. It's tied with the original as the best in it's genre.

might go with Smash Bros for Wii-U I just fucking love that game

or

Dark Souls 2

Put a lot of hours into Dark Souls 2, but I enjoyed Stick of Truth more.

Forza Horizon 2.

I got bored and quit playing DA:I pretty quickly. What is the level cap? Started to get grindy at lvl 5.

Dark Souls II.

I bought a Wii U for Christmas so when I get Bayonetta 2 that might change.

The games I've enjoyed most this year have been Destiny, Clash of Clans, and Stick of Truth, but of course the first two were released in 2013 (with expanded content released this year).

I haven't played or devoted serious time to most of the heavyweight contenders like Dragon Age: Inquisition, Dark Souls 2, GTA V, Far Cry 4, Diablo III + Reaper of Souls, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Rayman Legends, or Hearthstone. I also don't own a Wii U, so I don't have access to games like Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, or Mario Kart 8. I might check out Shovel Knight on PC.

I feel like games were overall weaker in 2014 compared to the rest.

Dark Souls 2 gets my vote

I really had fun with sunset overdrive, and I am slogging through DA:I (its just feels to much like a single player MMO to me, the quests lines are good but it doesnt have the same feel as 1 or 2).

Dragon Age : Inquisition easily for me.

Sunset Overdrive and Shadow of Mordor were big surprises and great games but DA:I was in a league of its own.

I think 2014 was one of the weakest years for gaming in my memory. I've heard some rumors that the developers were taken a bit off guard by the release of these consoles and looking at a lot of the games this year I don't find that too hard to believe. Honestly looking at what is currently announced for 2015 I'm kind of nervous as well. That being said there were definitely a few games I really enjoyed.

My overall GotY is a bit of a toss up between Dragon Age: Inquisition and Far Cry 4.

I also really enjoyed my time with Advanced Warfare and Destiny. I think Destiny had massive content and story issues, however (hypothetically speaking) if those issues were not so glaring, it would have easily been my game of the year.

I think 2014 was one of the weakest years for gaming in my memory.

I think that part of the problem is that we have 2013 to compare it to. 2014 wasn't bad (in fact, it was totally awesome if you own a Wii U), but 2013 was really a cut above. There was so much gold in 2013 that pretty much anything that followed would be a disappointment by comparison, even though there were plenty of well-received games released in 2014.

Dark souls 2, even though I still prefer the first Dark Souls.

Dark Souls II.

Inquisition is a good game but it's got more filler than substance, IMO. Dark Souls II was gripping the entire way through and the DLC was fantastic.

Stick of Truth. A completely new videogame experience, and possibly the best tv/movie license game of all time.

Last edited:
Late to the party and didn't play The Last Of Us on PS3 but thoroughly enjoyed it on PS4 so that's be number one for 2014.

Back