What was your GOTY for 2014 across all platforms?

I enjoyed the story and characters a bunch, but I felt the gameplay was a step back in many areas.

The content was lacking but the combat mechanics I felt were better than the previous versions.

Gotta go with Southpark, although i am just starting DA, it seems like it has a lot of potential.

The content was lacking but the combat mechanics I felt were better than the previous versions.

BL2 felt smoother and all but all the bad guys felt like simple HP sinks. In BL1 even spider ants could be trouble if you didn't flank them but now you just mow them down.

The Last of Us is so good I don't mind giving it GOTY again.

I haven't even played anything that's come out this year.

This is an actual comversation I had on Gamespot about that...

Me - "At the end of Mass Effect 3, I have to ask... Did we win?"

Response - "No one came away from that train wreck of an ending a winner."

Oh and my pick is Shadow of Mordor. That game just feels... Right. It's like they nailed everything they were going after. HIGHLY recommended, especially if you liked The Batman Arkham series.

I loved the first batman game but shadow of Mordor was lacking. Hunting the captain's was fun but the main missions were really bad. I was hoping they got better but they never did.

For me it's Dark Souls 2 as well, but, I don't see it winning. Maybe WoD in a close second....

While I have not played dragon age yet, I will say the most fun I've had all year has been far cry 4. It can be down right silly how much fun one can have. Also Shadow of Mordor was a close second. That game was a surprise and when they made that photo mode I musta spent 10 hours just getting awesome shots of decapitations and stabbings.

Destiny reminds me a whole lot of Diablo 3. HUGE fucking hype with a big name behind it, but the delivery was a complete failure.

Both games sold astronomical numbers and neither deserved it.

Dragon Age Inquisition one of the most complete RPG ever made.

I think I gotta revise my comment to say Endless Legend is my GOTY. I never thought another game would take Civ down as king of the genre by adding more depth.

Who would have guessed Bioware would make another GOTY contender after ME3, while Bungi released a Most-Dissapointing-GOTY contender.

I'm surprised a mod hasn't added a poll to the thread.

Super Smash Bros is the best game of the year. Great gameplay. Such an improvement over brawl. Actually is fun, unlike so many games being made today.

I haven't played Destiny though.

Back