What was your first reaction when watching MMA?

15%20yes%20soccer%20fan.gif

I was always fascinated by MMA. Grew up watching Bruce Lee and Van Damme so to me it was the greatest thing ever.

UFC 1. Thought it was awesome when Teila's tooth went flying. Then a bunch of "gay ass bullshit". Didn't really become a fan until much later but I couldn't stop watching. I wanted so badly to see somebody whoop on Royce.

Thank you Matt Hughes. One of the most satisfying fights I've ever witnessed.

UFC 1, this was when there was no rules, I was like how many times do you have to hit em in the groin?!?!

It was intensely interesting and exciting. I was 16 at the time I saw UFC 3, and after a short lifetime of watching people pretend to fight in movies and television - and even watching WWF up until about age 9 - it was almost hard to believe that I was finally seeing what happens in real fights between martial artists. Up to that point, hockey fights were my only reference.

I think my first exposure to MMA was one of the early TUFs. Having only ever been exposed to professional wrestling at the time, it was both exciting and refreshing to see actual, unscripted combat.

Hay whys Ken Shamrock in this ufc thing Hes in the WWF!

After hearing about UFC 1 I was intent on watching UFC 2 and looking for signs that it was fake. A few minutes into the card I realized this shit is real.

One of my favorite movies ever was Bloodsport. I was fascinated by the idea of "style vs style." So to see it in real life was fascinating. I loved watching the different uniforms. I loved watching the different stances. And I was blown away by how quickly a fight between two well practiced martial artists would devolve into a brawl or street fight. And the cherry on top was witnessing a new martial art that I had never heard of. Brazilian jiu jitsu. And watching this skinny guy basically beat everyone with a scientific approach to street fighting was just mind blowing.
I've been hooked ever since. I love style vs style match ups even now. Granted most guys are well rounded, but you still have stylistic matches between different striking styles vs different grappling styles vs different paces and strategies.

I still miss 12-6 elbows, stomps, and soccer kicks though. The UFC would be a different world with soccer kicks.

Back