What was with the fake stoppage after a fake low blow during WB vs Holland?

not sure what happened there either.

technically i dont think you're allowed to hit at or below the belt line. and even just grazing the cup is a low blow.

anyone have a gif?

It was something ive never seen before BUT what made it so weird was wonderboy simply walking away.

To me it looked on the belt line, not really on the cup, but I'm sure it must've hurt. My initial thought was that Holland called it so that he could get a breather.

Yet another reason why MMA is not considered a real sport by many. Ref can call it off, then change his mind without a review?

anyone have a gif?

ezgif-com-gif-maker-25.gif

Looks pretty blatantly low to me.

I didn't watch the fight though so I'm pretty confused by the comments saying it was stopped and then reviewed and determined actually a low blow. Wouldn't that have resulted in a NC if they actually reviewed it after stopping it?
It's because the truck didn't replay this moment. They just showed a punch that landed on the belt that wasn't exactly low.

Wtf was that? ref waved off the fight then decided it was a low blow even though it was clearly the belt line? Dan Mirgliotta is such a shitty ass ref.
We're talking about big Dan here. He can't fuck up enough to get ousted *for some reason.

Back