What was ufc thinking?

They can save the better fights for the cards that need them. Conor alone is a draw.

Building some goodwill benefits the fans and the UFC financially over more then just quarterly earnings.

With the rest of the main card? I understand Mcgregor is the biggest star in the game but as others said it’s a perfect opportunity to showcase good talent as millions of casuals we’re watching. That co main event was pathetic and an embarrassment too Mma and UFC. No one wanted too see that fight and they have the audacity to make it a co main event. Holm and Raquel are a first slot on a fight night card at best

You're right but don't expect Conrat financial and YouTube view counting fans to understand. It's one of the reasons Floyd had his own fighters fight on his undercards and now Tank Davis is a big name in boxing.

Agreed, its true Conor will sell regardless of the rest of the card but its shortsighted. Its missing out on an opportunity to get casuals who only tune into Conor fights more interested in UFC and increase the chances some of them might purchase some non-Conor cards in the future. UFC 189 is the template they should follow, they should stack the card with good entertaining fighters, i.e. good strikers, keep the crotch sniffers and wmma to a minimum.

I swear it doesn't work. The UFC sucks at promoting fighters, they want them to promote themself these days via Instagram, Twitter etc.

Back