What was the most hype you were for a UFC Fight?

In the UFC, it was Silva-Weidman 1 because I was there live.
Likewise, outside of the UFC it was Fedor vs Mir because it was my first time getting to see Fedor live. It was my 40th bday, and we were 3rd row cage side to watch the GOAT KO Mir.
Super jealous bro!! I love that fight. Whenever i just need to get a little smile going on I go in my DVR and watch that fight, it was satisfying fight for sure.

Showing my age here but Khabib Conor.
And then, more recently, Adesanya Romero (lol)

Diego vs Bj. (i wanted diego to win so bad)

GSP vs Jake shields. (this fight was so damn important.)

JDS vs Cain 1 and 2

Shogun vs Jones (rooted for shogun even tho i knew he had no chance.)

Nate vs Conor 1,2 (the perfect shit storm)

DC vs Jones

Super jealous bro!! I love that fight. Whenever i just need to get a little smile going on I go in my DVR and watch that fight, it was satisfying fight for sure.
Which one, the Fedor fight? I love that fight too. As a diehard fan, my heart was in my damn throat for that one. He hadn’t looked good against Maldonado, and he lost to Mitrione, so I really wanted to see him win. I was almost right behind Frank’s corner, 3rd row, which is right where the fight ended. I’ll remember Fedor sparking Mir right in front of me forever.
Here’s a couple pics from that night :)
C0CF3685-E189-4116-B558-B77DFB6395C1.jpeg 286690D7-BF40-4D03-8AB9-7873C96D24A5.jpeg

Once i was so hyped...
I cant even explain it...!!!

I was hyped for Conor Nate 1...

Nog Fedor 3
Geathje Johnson...couldnt believe it wanst that talked about
Gomi UFC debut vs Florian
Wand Chuck
Fedor CroCop
Silva Sonnen
UFC 134
TJ Cody

etc

Khabib v Conor. for some reason i was almost having a heart attack or something like that during the whole fight. weird
Yah, say what you want about Conor, but the dude knows how hype a fight like no other. The Khabib fight was the only mainstream title fight that I can recall that went that dark, to the point where it felt like warfare. There have been some hyped personal fights/feuds, like Brock vs Mir, Silva Sonnen, etc, but the Khabib McG fight was on a different level.

A few Conor fight are up there for me (178/189/194/202/205), Fedor vs Sylvia/Cro Cop/Rogers, Jones DC I, Silva Sonnen I and II, and for me for some reason I was crazy hyped when Cro Cop fought in the final round at Rizin's Grand Prix vs the Iranian roid monster. His first UFC stint was such a let down, but wow, he really went out on a bang - hard not to root for the guy. Not many would ever have believed the same fighter that got body bagged by Schaub would go 10-0 to end his career and become a Grand Prix champion.

I was really pumped for the following:

GSP vs Fitch
Anderson vs Belfort
Conor vs Aldo
Jones vs Rampage
Jones vs DC (both times)
Cejudo vs MM 2
Conor vs Khabib

Aldo vs Conor
Nunes vs Cyborg
Hendricks vs Lawler 2
GSP vs Nick

None of these fights turned out to be great. shrug.

silva sonnen 2
aldo conrad
lawler hendricks 2
condit lawler
colby tyrone
Lawler was hands down had the most entertaining championship run ever. Every fight was a war, a possible fight of the decade. They talk about "Conor Nate = the greatest fight of all time" and I'm like 'have you seen RoMac vs Robbie 2"? I still think Hendricks actually won the second fight, but it is one of those things we are cool with cuz Pig Rigg was annoying and it became fun to see him all 'Know wudda mean? I got robbed. Know wudda mean?".

Penn vs GSP II unfortunately

I was living in LA & my fiancé bought us tickets. Drove out to Las Vegas & all & it completely sucked. Fuckin greasegate. Been jaded against GSP ever since. Dude owes us money lol.

JDS vs Cain 1, at the time that fight was huge and both had never been defeated in UFC. and it was the first ever FOX fight. it ended in only 1 minute though

For me it was Silva Sonnen 2, the first fight was epic, there was build up for like a year or two after that, and the bad blood was solid too. Also I was more into UFC at that time as well.

100% this and Silva vs Weidman #2, I was beyond hyped for those 2 fights, more than any others in history.

I gotta say UFC 189 might take it.

The bonkers MacDonald/Lawler 2 followed by McGregor/Mendes

Aldo vs Conor
Nunes vs Cyborg
Hendricks vs Lawler 2
GSP vs Nick

None of these fights turned out to be great. shrug.
I thought Pig Pigg vs Lawler was very good, went down to the last minute even. Aldo Conor also was very fulfilling if you were a Conor fan, and was the peak of Conordome. It was kind of surreal thinking about it, as Aldo seemed almost invincible but Mystic Mac kept on talking like he was going to sleep him. Crazy how long ago that was, it almost feels like yesterday in a way.

Most of the ones I have have been mentioned already.

For fighters I don’t normally care about, Weidman vs Rockhold had me pretty amped. I couldn’t tell who to favor they seemed elite and evenly matched at that time.

Surprised no one mentioned Pride 33. Technically under the UFC umbrella and this is definitely one of the best cards ever on paper and in practice

Back