What was the most heartbreaking loss of 2019 for you???

KZ losing to Yair Spastic Moves Rodriguez at the very end of a fight he had in the bag... Oh well, KZ treks on and Rodriguez cherrypicks, I know I want to see that fight again for sure.

Fabers loss to Yahn, Frankie's loss to KZ, Cowboy to Gaethje and JDS to Francis. I truly believe JDS had an iron will and his body just won't perform. I feel like lots of fighters had hard losses but have had there career for what it was maxed out to be. I feel like JDS had 2 stylistic bad matchups for him vs Cain despite winning the first one and those 2 fights took so much from him. I don't know of a fighter where everyone consistently looks at the damage they received from specific fights and knew that just ended their career. With no Cain wars
JDS might beat Stipe, Francis, Overeem, I mean those Cain wars were such a mark in his career. Also didn't enjoy Uncle Chael losing to Machida and while being happy for Nunes that head kick on Holly was rough.

He absolutely was not. He made one fucking meme and everything after that was just rebuttal.
Rob was always extremely respectful of his opponents pre fight. Never underestimated them. Check his pre fight interviews with Gastelum for example.

But as soon as it became about Adesanya he switched up. "He's not as good as he thinks he is." "This fight will be short and sweet. I'm going to finish him early." " It won't be a war. Not with me and Israel."

Very out of character for Rob. He never said such things about anyone else.

Last edited:
Definitely Ben Askren losing.

I was championing him coming to the UFC for years. And he finally get there just to get shut down in every fight pretty much (I know he won the Robbie Lawler fight, but it was still controversial).

I was conflicted about that fight because I like both Ben and Jorge.

I was happy for Jorge breaking through as a star, but sad that Ben got starched like that lol.

Walker. That kid was supposed to be the truth. Same with Rakic. Losing to those journey men when it was suppose to be their comeuppance
Oezdemir is NOT a journeyman, ffs.
That fight should've gone to Rakic, btw.

Rose losing to Andrade.
Rose looked better than ever in that fight, i was in awe by seeing how tremendously good her boxing was.

Whittaker - even though I was rooting for Izzy I still hated seeing Whittaker lose
Askren - Just sad, doesnt matter if you like him or not
Walker - the chosen one falls
Holloway - seeing him get stomped like that by Poirier was kinda sad for some reason

Kevin Lee vs Al Iaquinta cause he fought completely wrong

I know it's fresh but the Reyes-Jones fight was bullshit.

Not even a huge Reyes fan, but they just robbed his ass.

That's heartbreaking IMO.
so fresh that it isn't even in 2019.

While my absolute favorite fighter had an incredible year and should have been recognized as FOTY, many fan favorites took some tough losses.

View attachment 727311
For me the one that made me sad a bit was watching Korean Zombie squash my boy Frankie Edgar like a bug. Nothing against Zombie, he was very impressive and I hope to see him contend for the title but that hit me in the feels.

that one DID tug on a string or two for me too. He looked so badly outmatched that it was indeed sad to witness. I went to the bathroom after round one to get some towels to symbolically throw in for Edgar.

In the same vein, I was a bit broken up to see Max lose to Dustin. Especially after he so masterfully dismantled Aldo and Ortega. It was a tough watch for sure.

Wonderboy getting sparked by Pettis. I honestly didn't think anyone would ever be able to do it.

100% Whittaker losing the belt to Stylebender.
I love Bobby and it broke my heart to see him lose, and lose the strap
This. I'm from Aus and saw him fight live here when he was still a teenager. I was so pumped as he climbed the MW ladder, get through Yoel twice....then to just get completely wiped out by Izzy. Ahh. Izzy is something special though and I'm sure Rob will come back strong.

Back