What was the most heartbreaking loss of 2019 for you???

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
While my absolute favorite fighter had an incredible year and should have been recognized as FOTY, many fan favorites took some tough losses.

chan-sung-jung-frankie-edgar-ufc-busan-1.jpg
For me the one that made me sad a bit was watching Korean Zombie squash my boy Frankie Edgar like a bug. Nothing against Zombie, he was very impressive and I hope to see him contend for the title but that hit me in the feels.

Last edited:
Probably the Johnny Walker one because now my name makes me seem even more retarded than I already am

The Edgar vs kz one. I hated it. I also was very let down by hermansson, but I still think he's got a ton of potential and will contend for a belt someday.

Definitely Ben Askren losing.

I was championing him coming to the UFC for years. And he finally get there just to get shut down in every fight pretty much (I know he won the Robbie Lawler fight, but it was still controversial).

I know it's fresh but the Reyes-Jones fight was bullshit.

Not even a huge Reyes fan, but they just robbed his ass.

That's heartbreaking IMO.

While my absolute favorite fighter had an incredible year and should have been recognized as FOTY, many fan favorites took some tough losses.

View attachment 727311
For me the one that made me sad a bit was watching Korean Zombie squash my boy Frankie Edgar like a bug. Nothing against Zombie, he was very impressive and I hope to see him contend for ths title but that hit me in the feels.
Understandable th
Probably the Johnny Walker one because now my name makes me seem even more retarded than I already am
That AVI doesn't help your cause

Definitely Ben Askren losing.

I was championing him coming to the UFC for years. And he finally get there just to get shut down in every fight pretty much (I know he won the Robbie Lawler fight, but it was still controversial).
I'm not a fan of Askren as a fighter but I actually believe he has a likeable personality contrary to many. It was kinda sad to see him get brutalized so badly and over clowned for it.

100% Whittaker losing the belt to Stylebender.
I love Bobby and it broke my heart to see him lose, and lose the strap

Hooker Barbosa 2018 might have been tho.

Whittaker losing to adesanya.

Both results I wasn't keen on although they weren't a shock to me they still sucked.

Frankie was the first to come to mind.

He was such a bad motherfucker before age caught up....hope he retires before he takes too much damage.

Frankie vs KZ is up there. I was also bummed when Till got murked by Masvidal.

Walker. That kid was supposed to be the truth. Same with Rakic. Losing to those journey men when it was suppose to be their comeuppance

100% Whittaker losing the belt to Stylebender.
I love Bobby and it broke my heart to see him lose, and lose the strap

Hooker Barbosa 2018 might have been tho.

Whittaker losing to adesanya.

Both results I wasn't keen on although they weren't a shock to me they still sucked.

Whittaker vs. Adesanya was my favorite moment. I understand Whittaker is a fam favorite but if you guys would have listened to me and all the nuthugging threads I made about Adesanya then you would have seen it coming.

I know it's fresh but the Reyes-Jones fight was bullshit.

Not even a huge Reyes fan, but they just robbed his ass.

That's heartbreaking IMO.

Not 2019 and it’s not a robbery when it’s that close. Come on man there’s gotta be something from 2019 that broke your heart.

Whittaker vs. Adesanya was my favorite moment. I understand Whittaker is a fam favorite but if you guys would have listened to me and all the nuthugging threads I made about Adesanya then you would have seen it coming.
I didn't believe until after Whittaker, but now I respect Adesanya for what he is. I can't wait to see him fight Yoel.

Back