What Was The Main Event Of The First Wrestling Card You Attended?

First event I remember in any kind of detail is WWF Raw when the revealed the higher power in June 1999. I was 13 and this was the one wrestling event where my friends had a parent chaperone. We went to just about every Raw, Smackdown and PPV that came through Boston for the next couple years after. I mostly remember being excited for a lion's den match that never happened and the Big Show chokeslamming the Undertaker through the ring. Also, Kane's pyro was awesome and I bought a cheap plastic Kane mask as a memento, keeping it in a junk drawer until 2013. Undertaker-Big Show was the main event, but there was a lot of storyline content mixed in throughout.

I went to some armory shows before that, but they're lost to history, all I remember is meeting Nikolai Volkov and a big fat local wrestler named Bull Dozer who never made it to the big leagues.

Bret Hart vs Diesel steel cage (Big Blue) match.

I've watched wrestling since I was a kid, but my parents hated it so I never went to an event during the Attitude Era or anything like that. It's funny because my first main event was in a Rec Center gym for a NXT House Show in February 2015. A fatal four way between Sasha/Bayley/Becky and Charlotte. In hindsight, not a bad way to have your first.

WWF @ Oakland, CA - Coliseum - October 20, 1985 (10,500)

Andre the Giant defeated King Kong Bundy via count-out
WWF Tag Team Champions Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake defeated Mike Rotundo & Mr. Wrestling II
Uncle Elmer & Hillbilly Jim defeated the Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff
Bob Orton Jr. defeated Lanny Poffo
Adrian Adonis defeated Steve Gatorwolf
Les Thornton defeated Jose Luis Rivera

WWF @ Oakland, CA - Coliseum - October 20, 1985 (10,500)

Andre the Giant defeated King Kong Bundy via count-out
WWF Tag Team Champions Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake defeated Mike Rotundo & Mr. Wrestling II
Uncle Elmer & Hillbilly Jim defeated the Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff
Bob Orton Jr. defeated Lanny Poffo
Adrian Adonis defeated Steve Gatorwolf
Les Thornton defeated Jose Luis Rivera
Was this actually at the Coliseum or was it at the arena?

Was this actually at the Coliseum or was it at the arena?

Oracle arena .. obviously it wasn't called that back then, but that's the place I would see all the WWF house shows. It was awesome.

Whenever I asked to go and see the wrestling my parents bought or rented another wrestling video to keep me quiet.

<23>

Oracle arena .. obviously it wasn't called that back then, but that's the place I would see all the WWF house shows. It was awesome.
My first house show was at the Cow Palace in December 87(still my favorite place to watcg wrestling to this day) but I also caught shows in Oakland and Arco Arena in Sacramento
You ever go to any of the AWA or NWA shows out here or was it strictly WWF?

You ever go to any of the AWA or NWA shows out here or was it strictly WWF?

I went to a few AWA (I think 2 or 3) shows that they ran at the Cow Palace. I also went to an AWA show that they ran on my high school football field when I was 13, because one of the guys that wrestled in the AWA (Earthquake Ferris) graduated from the same school years earlier. I still remember them making a big deal about the show in the local paper and it had a full kayfabe interview with Earthquake in it. I also remember how Earthquake and Ray Stevens "won" the tag team belts from Playboy Buddy Rose and Doug Somers that night, but they never once mentioned it on TV. Only now I know years later that they were just doing a favor for the local guy to get over with the fans lol.

It was the only time I ever got to see Jimmy Snuka wrestle in person and when he jumped off the top rope it was one of the coolest things I ever saw.

(14.09.1986) AWA @ in Antioch, California, USA

Curt Hennig defeats Sheik Adnan Al-Kassie by Count Out

Col. DeBeers defeats Scott Hall by DQ

The Midnight Rockers (Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels) defeat Larry Zbyszko & Ryuma Go

Jimmy Snuka defeats Boris Zhukov

Earthquake Ferris & Ray Stevens defeat Buddy Rose & Doug Somers

Here are a couple of pictures I took (not the greatest, but I was just a kid) from a WWF show in Oakland. I have more from other shows, but I'll have to dig them out of a box and scan them.

MrHA2Tr.jpg

You know who those guys are right?

Ric Flair vs Nikita Koloff. I beleive the co-main was The Road Warriors vs The Midnight Express. I got Ric Flairs autograph that night too. It was in 1986 and I was 6 years old.

I went to a few AWA (I think 2 or 3) shows that they ran at the Cow Palace. I also went to an AWA show that they ran on my high school football field when I was 13, because one of the guys that wrestled in the AWA (Earthquake Ferris) graduated from the same school years earlier. I still remember them making a big deal about the show in the local paper and it had a full kayfabe interview with Earthquake in it. I also remember how Earthquake and Ray Stevens "won" the tag team belts from Playboy Buddy Rose and Doug Somers that night, but they never once mentioned it on TV. Only now I know years later that they were just doing a favor for the local guy to get over with the fans lol.

It was the only time I ever got to see Jimmy Snuka wrestle in person and when he jumped off the top rope it was one of the coolest things I ever saw.

The Midnight Rockers (Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels) defeat Larry Zbyszko & Ryuma Go

Here are a couple of pictures I took (not the greatest, but I was just a kid) from a WWF show in Oakland. I have more from other shows, but I'll have to dig them out of a box and scan them.

MrHA2Tr.jpg

You're from Antioch?
Lol I'm from Pittsburg
I remember that AWA high school show well because I was super heartbroken that I couldn't go

MrHA2Tr.jpg

The Machines vs Big John Stud and King Kong Bundy. Wasn't Andre one of the Machines?

The Machines vs Big John Stud and King Kong Bundy. Wasn't Andre one of the Machines?
Yea thats the start of my favorite storyline of all time starting with Andre getting suspended and going to Japan to become one of the Machines to his allegiance with Heenan and turn on Hogan and ending up at the greatest night in pro wrestling history, Wrestlemania III

WWE Backlash 04 with HHH/HBK/Benoit triple threat for the title............ and yes I chanted "You screwed Bret !!!"

Back