What Was The Main Event Of The First Wrestling Card You Attended?

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/October_20,_1997_Monday_Night_RAW_results

The October 20, 1997 Edition of RAW is a Professional wrestling television show of the WWF's RAW brand, which took place on October 20, 1997 at the Myriad Convention Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

Results
This the one where DX came out and had the signs on the entrance ramp. LOD wrestled someone in a after the show dark match I remember. Like $20 for nosebleeds lol

The Sheik verses the Canadian Wildman in cage in Seaforth, Ontario (1985). The Canadian Wildman was one of the wrestlers that died with Adrian Adonis in a car crash in 1988.

Sabu the Jungle Boy also wrestled on the card

First WWF was Ricky Steamboat and Corporal Kirschner against the Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkofff in London, Ontario (1986)

Edit: I forgot that I went two two closed circuit shows at the London Gardens before WWF came back to London for live, in person events. Does this count? An arena full of people watching a big screen, lol? First one was Hulk Hogan against Randy Savage that aired from Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto and was broadcast in cities all around the Ontario loop. IIRC, there were probably 2-4K people watching it in the London Gardens alone. No idea what the total gate would have been for that event.

The second one was Wrestlemania 2. The transformer blew during the Jake Roberts/George Wells bout. Most everyone got a refund for the event, but I came back with a handful of other people and watched them air the re-broadcast the next night after already knowing the results. My friends that couldn't go laughed and laughed at me when I showed up to school telling me all the results to ruin it for me, as the debacle of the broadcast, plus it was considered sports, was printed in our newspaper.

Last edited:
Hulk Hogan vs King Harley Race

Pretty sure this is the event I went to when I was a wee lad.

WWF @ Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome - August 13, 1989
Mark Young defeated Barry Horowitz
Bad News Brown defeated Tim Horner
Dino Bravo defeated Hercules via disqualification
Bret Hart fought Mr. Perfect to a time-limit draw
Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty defeated Jacques & Raymond Rougeau
Jimmy Snuka defeated the Honkytonk Man
The Ultimate Warrior defeated Andre the Giant in less than a minute
This sounds like the one I went to but the bushwackers were at the one I was. Ultimate warrior fucking came running out before andre was even in the ring. Lol

This sounds like the one I went to but the bushwackers were at the one I was. Ultimate warrior fucking came running out before andre was even in the ring. Lol

I remember when the Ultimate Warrior came out...the entire place went crazy. Ultimate Warrior put on a hell of a show and it so much fun as a little bastard watching our favorite wrestler come out fire up the crowd.

I remember when the Ultimate Warrior came out...the entire place went crazy. Ultimate Warrior put on a hell of a show and it so much fun as a little bastard watching our favorite wrestler come out fire up the crowd.
I was so let down at my warrior experience. Andre still getting in the ring, warrior forearm shivers him in the back, rolls him in the ring, pins him, and runs back to the backstage. His music never quit playing it happened so fast. Counting the 3 count pin, I saw warrior for maybe a total of 6 seconds

I was so let down at my warrior experience. Andre still getting in the ring, warrior forearm shivers him in the back, rolls him in the ring, pins him, and runs back to the backstage. His music never quit playing it happened so fast. Counting the 3 count pin, I saw warrior for maybe a total of 6 seconds

That's shitty man... we got the whole "rope-humping" running around like a maniac experience. After watching that documentary on Andre the Giant I'm wondering if maybe he was feeling too poorly to perform, so they made it a very short match at your event.

Rock N Roll Express vs the Heavenly Bodies

Thought Jim Cornette was going to fight someone in the crowd

Knoxville or thereabouts? My buddies and I in college went to a majority of the SMW shows back then

DEDF3PYXYAALZsW.jpg

July 1986, a gift for my 12th birthday.

That looks like it would have been a fun card.

As you may imagine, I was glued to WLOS-TV at noon on Sundays. (This was many years before cable entered my life.)

dino bravo & canadian earthquake vs. ultimate warrior in a handicap match

First show I went to was in early 1991 and the Hulk Hogan vs Earthquake in a no-dq/stretcher type match. I remember it being a crazy match as a kid. I was legitimately worried for Hogan's health a few times. I believe it was a Saturday afternoon but I'm not sure if that is correct. I could be wrong but I remember getting home well before my bedtime and we were coming back from San Francisco (may have been Oakland as it definitely wasn't the Cow Palace) to Modesto. The rest of the shows I would attend in the 90s as a kid would be at the Arco Arena in Sacramento.

The two other matches I remember was the Hart Foundation vs Paul Roma and Hercules along with the Legion of Doom vs the Orient Express. My fandom for Bret Hart started from this show but the the LOD and Hulk Hogan pops were crazy.

First show I went to was in early 1991 and the Hulk Hogan vs Earthquake in a no-dq/stretcher type match. I remember it being a crazy match as a kid. I was legitimately worried for Hogan's health a few times. I believe it was a Saturday afternoon but I'm not sure if that is correct. I could be wrong but I remember getting home well before my bedtime and we were coming back from San Francisco (may have been Oakland as it definitely wasn't the Cow Palace) to Modesto. The rest of the shows I would attend in the 90s as a kid would be at the Arco Arena in Sacramento.

The two other matches I remember was the Hart Foundation vs Paul Roma and Hercules along with the Legion of Doom vs the Orient Express. My fandom for Bret Hart started from this show but the the LOD and Hulk Hogan pops were crazy.
It was probably Oakland because theres nowhere else for them to run in SF, they definitely werent running Bill Graham or the Kezar

It was probably Oakland because theres nowhere else for them to run in SF, they definitely werent running Bill Graham or the Kezar
Had to have been Oakland. The only shows I went to were at the Arco Arena but this first show, my dad says was in San Francisco (as a kid, that's where he said we were going) but knowing what I know now, it definitely wasn't and I know it must be Oakland.

Had to have been Oakland. The only shows I went to were at the Arco Arena but this first show, my dad says was in San Francisco (as a kid, that's where he said we were going) but knowing what I know now, it definitely wasn't and I know it must be Oakland.
WWF @ Oakland, CA - Coliseum - February 2, 1991 (matinee) (8,300)
The Mountie defeated Sam Houston
Davey Boy Smith defeated the Warlord
The Legion of Doom defeated the Orient Express
Kerry Von Erich defeated Ted Dibiase
Jake Roberts defeated Rick Martel via disqualification
WWF Tag Team Champions Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart defeated Paul Roma & Hercules
Hulk Hogan defeated Earthquake in a stretcher match

WWF @ Oakland, CA - Coliseum - February 2, 1991 (matinee) (8,300)
The Mountie defeated Sam Houston
Davey Boy Smith defeated the Warlord
The Legion of Doom defeated the Orient Express
Kerry Von Erich defeated Ted Dibiase
Jake Roberts defeated Rick Martel via disqualification
WWF Tag Team Champions Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart defeated Paul Roma & Hercules
Hulk Hogan defeated Earthquake in a stretcher match
I just looked through the cards of 1991 and was about to post this. This is it. It was in Oakland as I suspected and this is definitely the card. I don't remember the mountie but now that I see this card, I remember Davey Boy Smith here now as well as Jake Roberts vs Rick "the Model" Martel too. Oh it was a glorious night. I was almost a year into wrestling at this point as I watched WM6 the year prior and had discovered pro wrestling about 2-3 months before WM6.

Back