What was the highest altitude UFC event??

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
Just wondering and when will the next one be. What's the highest altitude arena possible? I would be very interested in seeing athletes perform like this - I mean they would all have the same disadvantage. Will be interesting to see how they fight under these circumstances - it's gotta effect prep work right?

Am I remembering it wrong or did GSP climb a really high mountain and did exercises up there to prep up for normal gravity making him lighter and faster when he came down to fight??

Am I remembering it wrong or did GSP climb a really high mountain and did exercises up there to prep up for normal gravity making him lighter and faster when he came down to fight??

Thinking of Carlos?
The-Rock-House.jpg

What's the highest altitude arena possible?

Right click + google says
"The stadium is located in the Miraflores borough of La Paz, at an altitude of 3,637 metres (11,932 feet) above sea level, making it one of the highest professional stadiums in the world."

Some event in Colorado with Cain I think.

Also they chose high ground for the all HW card, didn't they, or is that my bad memory?

Some event in Colorado with Cain I think.

Also they chose high ground for the all HW card, didn't they, or is that my bad memory?

Mexico City Arena, 7,200 feet above sea level

Mexico City Arena, 7,200 feet above sea level
Well there it is.

Makes sensethat the biggest guys on that card were middleweight.

Where am I getting this card with lots of heavyweights at high altitude that almost all gassed within 3 minutes?

The all HW card was sick, it wasn't that one...

Well there it is.

Where am I getting this card with lots of heavyweights at high altitude that almost all gassed within 3 minutes?

I remember it too but I also have memory issues

Sounds really familiar, but can't recall.

Some dork will correct us.

Just wondering and when will the next one be. What's the highest altitude arena possible? I would be very interested in seeing athletes perform like this - I mean they would all have the same disadvantage. Will be interesting to see how they fight under these circumstances - it's gotta effect prep work right?

But it's not really the same disadvantage for everyone. The fighters with more financial wherewithal can afford to go to the location earlier, thus giving themselves more time to acclimate. If you don't think that's important, you've never tried to exercise after a drastic altitude change. Werdum went to Mexico City six weeks ahead of his fight against Velasquez, while Cain decided two weeks would be enough. How'd that work out?

But it's not really the same disadvantage for everyone. The fighters with more financial wherewithal can afford to go to the location earlier, thus giving themselves more time to acclimate. If you don't think that's important, you've never tried to exercise after a drastic altitude change. Werdum went to Mexico City six weeks ahead of his fight against Velasquez, while Cain decided two weeks would be enough. How'd that work out?

Money talks over everything

Conor was not at Nate's level but paid like how much for his super expensive camp to get a split decision win in rematch?

Mexico City, it’s 7,382 feet above sea level.

UFC 188

Yep, Denver is #2 I think for UFC events. 5280ft elevation.

My brother lives in Denver. Visited him and went to a baseball game, upper grandstand seats. I’m in fairly decent shape and we walked all the way down so I could see the stadium drank a beer, got another beer and walked back up. My first time there. If you don’t experience it, you don’t realize how much that shit affects you. I told my brother that now I understand what they mean about elevation.

Thats how the sea level cain meme come out from mexico city. Altitude making cardio experts into Bellator HWs.

Well there it is.

Was that rothwell vs hunt on the card ? I feel like I remember that too

Back