What was the gameplan Chuck was supposed to follow when he fought Rampage in Pride?

You're miscontruing me for a ufc vs pride guy, i am not. I think sauraba is a legend, think fedor is hw goat, think wanderlei is good, but guys like chuck and shogun have the more impressive record and beaten the better fighters.
Nah. I didn't think about any terms of Pride or UFC at all.
I simply think you hate Wandi and look for reasons to bash him.
Claiming Jardine would beat half his competition is a shitty argument you got absolutely no backing for and an example of how one can pull these asinine arguments for shitting on a fighter.

Nah. I didn't think about any terms of Pride or UFC at all.
I simply think you hate Wandi and look for reasons to bash him.
Claiming Jardine would beat half his competition is a shitty argument you got absolutely no backing for and an example of how one can pull these asinine arguments for shitting on a fighter.
You keep on getting personal

Ive provided plenty of objective reasons why chuck is better than wanderlei and you dismiss or disregard without actually building a case

You keep on getting personal

Ive provided plenty of objective reasons why chuck is better than wanderlei and you dismiss or disregard without actually building a case
no, kid, you did not.
You provided your skewed thoughts that Jardine could beat Wandi's opponents. But when I asked why you changed the subject.
You think Chuck is better. When I asked why, you mentioned names Wandi lost early in his career and after his fall...

At every turn you have an excuse, a lie, a dishonest/biased point of view.

I am not getting personal. I merely points out you are a hater. Nothing personal about it. Just stating a fact.

but continue crying i am being mean to you while you bash a fighter... that makes a lot of sense.

There was no gameplan
Dana’s commentary was damage control
Liddell got outclassed everywhere the fight went

Chuck's highest point in terms of MMA accomplishments was about equal to Wanderlei's, imho.

I think 2001-2005 Wanderlei beats same time period Chuck. 2007 Chuck obviously beats 2007 Wanderlei. Somewhere in the 2006-2007 time period Chuck surpassed Wanderlei, or, Wanderlei deteriorated. A lot of that may have had to do with PED's and testing differences, I don't know. But a lot of it def had to do with Wanderlei facing a murderers row like Mirko (x2), Mark Hunt, Rampage (x2), Arona (x2), Sakuraba (x3), Vitor, Tito, Metzger, Yvel, Hendo (x2), and Fujita before ever fighting Chuck. He went 9-6-2 in those fights. Jesus. Strength of competition isn't even close on who had the tougher opponents prior to their meeting in 2007.

PS, anyone think Wanderlei lied about his age? Dude looks at least 28 when he fought Tito, allegedly he was 22.

onthisday-ortiz-silva-hero.jpg

no, kid, you did not.
You provided your skewed thoughts that Jardine could beat Wandi's opponents. But when I asked why you changed the subject.
You think Chuck is better. When I asked why, you mentioned names Wandi lost early in his career and after his fall...

At every turn you have an excuse, a lie, a dishonest/biased point of view.

I am not getting personal. I merely points out you are a hater. Nothing personal about it. Just stating a fact.

but continue crying i am being mean to you while you bash a fighter... that makes a lot of sense.

lol at calling me a kid, i'm probably older than you

Chuck is better than Wanderlei for the following reasons:

- they actually fought at similar stage in their careers, Chuck won
- common opponents; Rampage, Tito and Vitor (wanderlei beat one and lost to two, chuck lost to one guy and beat two)
- the best win for chuck (Randy) is better than the best wins for wanderlei
- Chuck is a stylistic nightmare for Wanderlei, he's bigger and has the better wrestling needed if it doesn't work out on the feet
- chuck fought more top fighters/contender/champion/ex champion level guys from Jeff Monson (2000 onwards) wanderlei got some rest with fights against lower level / much smaller guys (from 2000 - 2004) wanderlei faced guys such that didn't belong there (i.e. some of the guys i listed)

- common opponents; Rampage, Tito and Vitor (wanderlei beat one and lost to two, chuck lost to one guy and beat two)
- Chuck is a stylistic nightmare for Wanderlei, he's bigger and has the better wrestling needed if it doesn't work out on the feet
- chuck fought more top fighters/contender/champion/ex champion level guys from Jeff Monson (2000 onwards) wanderlei got some rest with fights against lower level / much smaller guys (from 2000 - 2004) wanderlei faced guys such that didn't belong there (i.e. some of the guys i listed)

are you high?

Chuck's 26th fight and Wanderlei's 40th fight when they fought, that's not the same stage of their careers, albeit Chuck was older.

agreed on the Randy win

agreed on the style comment

but strength of opponents favoring Chuck?

Mark Hunt
Mirko (x2)
Rampage (x2)
Hendo
Metzger
Yvel
Sakuraba (x3)
Arona (x2)
Tito

I'm way too lazy to look up all their rankings at the time of the fight, but I think your analysis is way off there

Ok, so now you are (at least) trying to put an effort to argue your case.
A pity you are so fucking dishonest, it is almost comical.

Despite your skewed attempt, Chuck fought in the UFC. Pride had better fighters and a lot more wars. As @Doctor Stoppage mentioned this was Wandi's 40th fight while CHuck had 26. Claiming they were in the same stage is just plain wrong.

Again, logic I already debunked. Time when those fights occurred matters, and you playing the oblivious to that is simply laughable.

You missed a very important detail: Who's Wandi's best win (since you mentiuoned Chuck's)? Let's start from there.

Irrelevant detail since you are claiming Chuck is the better fighter overall, not only one on one.
But important to note that if it is the style that matches up, then you are admitting that Chuck would win not because he's better, but because his style is suited to fight Wandi. Quite surprisint to hear this admission by you.

Irrelevant again. Same tired argument about Fedor and Pride.
And dishonest to the max, since Wandi fought beasts like real HW's such as Cro Cop or Hunt, and you completely disregard it.

Ok, so now you are (at least) trying to put an effort to argue your case.
A pity you are so fucking dishonest, it is almost comical.

Despite your skewed attempt, Chuck fought in the UFC. Pride had better fighters and a lot more wars. As @Doctor Stoppage mentioned this was Wandi's 40th fight while CHuck had 26. Claiming they were in the same stage is just plain wrong.

Again, logic I already debunked. Time when those fights occurred matters, and you playing the oblivious to that is simply laughable.

You missed a very important detail: Who's Wandi's best win (since you mentiuoned Chuck's)? Let's start from there.

Irrelevant detail since you are claiming Chuck is the better fighter overall, not only one on one.
But important to note that if it is the style that matches up, then you are admitting that Chuck would win not because he's better, but because his style is suited to fight Wandi. Quite surprisint to hear this admission by you.

Irrelevant again. Same tired argument about Fedor and Pride.
And dishonest to the max, since Wandi fought beasts like real HW's such as Cro Cop or Hunt, and you completely disregard it.

you seem to base wanderlei's merit based on the fact that he was willing to fight crocop/hunt and lost rather than wins, that's like say conor is so great that he's a 145 willilng to go up to fight at 155 / 170 and lost

who do you think is wanderlei's best wins? i would say rampage

i think randy couture is a better fighter than rampage

you seem to base wanderlei's merit based on the fact that he was willing to fight crocop/hunt and lost rather than wins, that's like say conor is so great that he's a 145 willilng to go up to fight at 155 / 170 and lost

who do you think is wanderlei's best wins? i would say rampage

i think randy couture is a better fighter than rampage
And you make less of "smaller fighters" but disregard when he fought not only bigger guys, but two absolute legends.
Damage matters as well, and those wars with Cro Cop, hunt or even Yvel obviously took a tool on his body.
Funny how you also disregard the amount of fights when they fought. "they were on the same stage"...

if you want to have an opinion, at least don't be biased/dishonest about it and use same criteria for both. If fighting lighter fighters counts against him then give him credit when he fights bigger guys.

As for his best wins, beating Hendo was a far better win than beating Randy IMO.
I mean fuck! A draw against Cop Cop is far better than beating LHW Randy.
And Wandi also beat Rampage (in his prime) twice....

At the end of the day, I disagree with you even on Chuck's best win. IMO young Vitor or Overeem are better wins than Randy. but it is what it is...

Last edited:
Chuck > wanderlei
he's a nightmare match for wandy, just as rampage is for chuck
but with pride wandy you never know, he was in good shape back then and chuck was hittable as well
i guess we can't have everything

Both Chuck and Wand are beasts. Don't need to shit on either to backup an argument.

Considering how mediocre most of LHW has been for the majority of the past 10 years, their careers have aged very well- so much for the constant evolved MMA blabbing.

Back