What was the first MMA fight you ever saw and what's the story behind it?

Travis Lutter vs Patrick Cote on TUF 4 I think.

Randomly flicking channels and saw this and couldn't believe it was over so quickly and barely seemed violent if that makes sense lol.

Then upon googling things I came across a vid of Royce vs Ken from UFC 1 and started becoming a fan and also learning BJJ.

Shevchenko vs Carmouche 2
It was just great
4KjtTPo.jpg
-AA cups

The WWF had a sex scandal in the early 90's where underage ring boys were getting molested.

You know what, I actually remember reading that in Wrestling Babylon now that I think about it. Well fuck me your dad knew what was up.

Kimura vs. Gracie. Jk. I cant remember. First fight off UFC 1 whatever that was. Gonna take a wild guess that it was a skinny karate guy vs a sumo.

Another vhs vcr guy. At this Furrs grocery store that rented out tapes, or hastings mom would rent me wwf tapes 1st, then alphabetically i stumbled on ultimate fighting championship. I fast forward around until Emmanuel Yarbrough vs Hackney.

Kimura vs. Gracie. Jk. I cant remember. First fight off UFC 1 whatever that was. Gonna take a wild guess that it was a skinny karate guy vs a sumo.

I just replied with this before i looked at all threads pages hah

I remember catching bits and pieces of fights at home, but the first ppv I was invited to watch at the bar with my dad was gsp vs Hardy. All I remember is pops yelling "break it, break that shit!" I was flabbergasted

I don't remember the first fight; but the event's main event was Randleman vs Smith.

As a kid I was a pro-wrestling fan, rented some early UFC event thinking it would be similiar, saw dudes hugging each other on the ground, thought wtf is this shit went back to watching WWF. I Become a fan later when I saw Fedor's just bleed highlights.

You know what, I actually remember reading that in Wrestling Babylon now that I think about it. Well fuck me your dad knew what was up.
They had a steroid scandal going on at the same time too, it was all terrible for their business.

the first mma-type fight i ever saw, was an old school bare knuckle fight with wand vs. some no-name guy. wanderlei in his prime was fucking terrifying! after that fight, i started doing more research on wanderlei, and then came across other fighters.

I think it was Lesnar vs Mir for me. I was a little Kid and big into Wrestling Entertainment. I was trying to figure out,f who the best "fighter in the worldw was". Little did i know...
My father let me use his computer and i went to MyVideo and searched Lesnar and saw him submitted by Mir, while i was asking myself what this crazy ruleset without the threecounts was.

Watched UFC 84 at a friend’s house in high school. Watching Wanderlei KO Jardine was my first fight.

Back