What was the biggest upset in history

In the UFC I'd have to go with GSP-Serra.

Come on now brudda, you never take risks :)
JOhny is 5:1 favorite.
I always bet on the guy I hate.
If he wins I win the bet.
If he loses I'm still glad.
WIN - WIN for me.

I can bet on Conor or Till next time either one fights.
I might consider betting on Yoel vs Izzy since I don't want Yoel to win.

Well, since this is a UFC forum, I'd say Serra/GSP 1 for the outcome, Gabe/CroCop for the method of outcome.

Combat sports is Buster/Tyson followed by Spinks/Ali.

Among UFC main events

Serra def. GSP (-1300)
Holm def. Rousey (-1200)

Among UFC main events

Serra def. GSP (-1300)
Holm def. Rousey (-1200)

Holm destroying Ronda was no upset, Ronda had terrible stand up which became even more evident in her next fight. Shill Rogan convinced everybody that Ronda was that good, which led to the massive upset. WMMA is still in the dark ages of development.

I'm sure a few of Hannibal's victories were ridiculously lopsided in terms of numbers, I'll have to double check that though
Battle of Karánsebes beats everything in terms of lopsided numbers. ;)

A true upset is when you can look back in hindsight and still think it was quite the fluke. Gsp-Serra is a pretty good example. Diaz beating Conor and Holm beating Ronda exemplifies how the UFC marketing machine can skew perceptions. Not saying those two fighters aren't good but they weren't levels above their opponent. I've always had Diaz just as good as McGregor. That fight changed Conor's career trajectory. They weren't just going to throw him in with anybody after that. No more opening one eye and saying "they're all the same" and going back to sleep.

Leicester City and it's not even close. It was 5000 to 1, and it wasn't a fluke since they did it over the span of 38 games

This.

They did something impossible, that was incredible.

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (+1350) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (-2500)
and my butt still hurts from it.
<2>

Sokodjou over Lil Nog and Serra over GSP

Any other answer is wrong.

Serra vs Gsp at the time was insane, Serra got the chance by winning some bs tuf season and barely beating Chris Lytle in a boring close decision to get the title shot. No one thought he had a chance in hell.

Mike Tyson vs Buster Douglas
Alexander Karelin vs Rulon Gardner
other?

Discus dogs!

tyson vs douglas
ali vs foreman(ali was a huge underdog in that fight)
gsp vs serra
ali vs liston was big at the time.

Vitale over Matt Lindland

Holm destroying Ronda was no upset, Ronda had terrible stand up which became even more evident in her next fight. Shill Rogan convinced everybody that Ronda was that good, which led to the massive upset. WMMA is still in the dark ages of development.
I went purely on the numbers, along with the fight magnitude. Obviously skill-wise, it wasn't an upset. Everyone had just watched Ronda kick everyone's ass, so she seemed invincible.

It wasn't just Joe Rogan either, it was a national hype job. Oddsmakers wouldn't have come up with that betting line based on the opinion of one guy. My mom, whose never watched an mma fight in her life and doesn't know who Joe Rogan is, knew who Ronda was.

Back