What was Sonnen thinking?

“I want one day. One night. One moment. Best in the world.”

tenor.gif

Even though I used to hate Sonnen, I've to concede that you've a point.
Sonnen is the smartest idiot the mma world has ever seen.

Going into the Silva fight, roided to the gills, not even trying to cycle, when cycling was easy, no random testing, usada was nowhere to be found (the good ol times). He purposely went into the fight knowing he would get caught. So even if he had won, that belt would have been taken away from him the very next day.

Sonnen just wanted to hold that belt so bad, even if it is for a day. For one day in his life, he wanted to shine. Its all that mattered to him.

So what if he gets busted and has his belt taken away immediately. He will have a story, he is the guy who beat the invincible Anderson Silva, but some silly commission took his belt away. He was coming with a vengeance, to get what was righteously his and the rematch would earn him millions. From business stand point, it was excellent decision.

Don't hate because Sonnen wanted to Level the playing field with Juiceson Silva.

Still one of the most inspiring things I ever saw on TUF
:)

Sonnen just wanted to hold that belt so bad, even if it is for a day. For one day in his life, he wanted to shine. Its all that mattered to him.
''And I would give everything I've got - everything- I'd give it all back to be world champion for one night''
Chael P. Sonnen
The P stands for icon

Going into the Silva fight, roided to the gills, not even trying to cycle, when cycling was easy, no random testing, usada was nowhere to be found (the good ol times). He purposely went into the fight knowing he would get caught. So even if he had won, that belt would have been taken away from him the very next day.

So what if he gets busted and has his belt taken away immediately. He will have a story, he is the guy who beat the invincible Anderson Silva, but some silly commission took his belt away. He was coming with a vengeance, to get what was righteously his and the rematch would earn him millions. From business stand point, it was excellent decision.

That's why he gave up at the end so he didn't have to relinquish the belt in shame. chael the steroid head

he didn't know he'd get caught, he's just stupid af, thinking he could figure out how to use that stuff without help from others

I fuck with Chael. It's not like Silva wasn't using. It's not any of their faults. It is the testing of that era.Majority of fighters were doing it off season and stopping before the fight.

You answered your own question:

What was he thinking with that elbow, thats what I want to know.
He didn’t win and still held a belt.

Chael is so insecure that he has to blatantly cheat everywhere - in real estate, MMA, pizza business and even on celebrity Apprentice.

I mean they were both juicing so it's even
Chael was snorting roids the day of the fight walking around like a crazed lunatic out for blood. Screamed in Soares's face "You have one last chance to save your boy, because tonight I'm going to kill him." Staring right into Anderson's eyes. Anderson was so shook he refused to look at Chael before the fight on fight night. He had what 14 times the testosterone a man his age should of had. Did Anderson have 11-14 times wtvr it was of the testosterone of a normal man. No. He got caught past 40 years old big deal. What happened in the rematch again? I've never seen a man look more terrified of his opponent than Chael vs Anderson 2. Your point is moot.

But it worked, TS.

a) he got famous, and riches followed
b) he got the rematch
c) he almost talked his way out of trouble with the commissions.

And that's with getting caught, something that hadn't happened in the several years of cheating prior.

Your question seems to be "why would he do that based on his potential punishment?" when the question should actually be "why wouldn't everyone do it, when the reward is so high, and risk and punishment are so low?"

Last edited:
So no difference then jones, Jones needed to be super juiced because he feared DC so much. Except hes the lucky one that gets to use the pulsing excuse since he won the fights lol

Back