what was some of the worst beat downs you remember in mma ?

Don Frye to Amauri Bitetti. That was painful to watch.

This beat down is oft over looked, but it was terrible and it happened twice:

Gary Goodridge vs Yoshiaki
Yatsu.

In their quest to have a Japanese man die in the ring, the Pride match makers paid 44 year old, retired professional wrestler whom hadn't wrestled in 13 years, and hadn't trained stand up a day in his life, a large sum of money to fight Gary. What unfolded was basically Goidridge ripping this poor old man with some of the most terrifying uppercuts again, again, and again. Unfortunately the poor old man had one hell of a chin so the poor audience had to watch an elderly man just get hopelessly beat ring post to ring post. And after the TKO finally came, despite the fact that he did nothing but take a severe severe beating, they made a rematch.

top i remember off the top of my head

Rory Macdonald vs Bj Penn

Bj Penn vs Frankie 3

Renan Barao vs Tj dillashaw

Tito Ortiz vs Ken shamrock all off them

Anthony pettis vs Rafael dos anjos
wbu ?

GSP & Serra II

Namajunas vs VanZant
Khabib vs Tavares
Joanna vs Penne
Miocic vs Hunt
Pendred vs Breese

i recall war machines fight with jared rollins as being particularly bloody, and weirdly mazzagatti asking for action as they elbow the crap out of each other for 3 rounds :D
and GSP vs koscheck

lytle vs koscheck

lytle looked like he was about to faint from blood loss

Reem vs lesnar was awesomely 1 sided.

Rockhold put a beating on weidman.

Roy nelson gets beat down every fight!

Fedor vs gary goodridge was always 1 of my favorites as well. What a perfect ass kicking.

The last 5-6 minutes of that Rockhold-Weidman fight was hard to watch. Complete beat down the second it hit the mat.

e3ijllkpbppxbx6niz4w.gif

Looked like Aoki blew a fuse.

An even worse beatdown was Schilt against Kharitonov who brutally mauled him from the mount.

My bad, that was the fight where Semmy was groaning in pain and was drenched in blood. cheers for that.

Kazushi Sakuraba vs Ricardo Arona. A completely one sided fight where it was the only time i felt absolutely sorry for a fighter, Sakuraba was completely dominated in this match.

sakuraba.gif

Back