What was "natural" about Randy?

His nickname was given after the movie the Natural about some old dude that got a late start in baseball or some shite. Guess who was in it....

robert-redford-nod.gif
Movie is bad on the superior book, which has a very different ending.

I think its funny that he was called natural, why was he called the natural?
Won huge wrestling tournaments after only like a year if wrestling, took peak Jacare to a draw in a BJJ match, started MMA at 34 years old and won belts in 2 divisions......need I go on?

Because his titties were natural.

Won huge wrestling tournaments after only like a year if wrestling, took peak Jacare to a draw in a BJJ match, started MMA at 34 years old and won belts in 2 divisions......need I go on?

not a bjj nuthugger but the only reason the jacare match was a draw was because of the weird rules. If the match went the distance it was declared a draw. Jacare handled him and under regular rules that would of counted as a win for him.

not a bjj nuthugger but the only reason the jacare match was a draw was because of the weird rules. If the match went the distance it was declared a draw. Jacare handled him and under regular rules that would of counted as a win for him.
Might want to go rewatch, I don't know in what world you could say Jacare handled him.
Randy damn near took his back in that match.
It was pretty lack luster with not much happening , nobody was handled.

You had to live through an "era" to understand really.

One of the biggest flaws with perception are folks glossing over the past. Mind that I think eras evolve but merit is merit and seeing these guys live alongside (in) era competition was (is) something else...

IIRC Randy denied being on TRT and he only took natural supps for himself.
https://www.mmamania.com/2012/6/6/3068409/randy-couture-trt-ufc-mma
People lie to save their image.

Meanwhile Rogan had no reason to lie at the time, plus him and Randy are friends so he'd know, and as well TRT wasn't known about to fans yet (2007) so Rogan felt no reason to hide any of it. On the broadcast Rogan was boasting he would end up trying it himself (which he did).

Randy was on TRT, regardless of what nonsense he says.

It's like Bisping saying he was a clean fighter his entire career, meanwhile Rampage (his teammate for 10+ years) says otherwise. I'm going to trust what the other guys says, not the guy who's image is on the line.

Last edited:
He uses natural gas to heat his home instead of coal.

Back