What was Bisping's gameplan?

I thought for sure he was going to look to tie him up against the cage and wear him out for at least the first 2 rounds. Instead Bisping seemed to be perfectly comfortable standing and trading with a Vitor who was picking his shots and dominating?

Even after Vitor clearly won the first nothing changed for Bisping.

Oh well, now that that he is no longer in the nr.1 contender you can bet he is going to win his next few fights..
Vitor wasn't trying to win rounds. Completely moronic gameplan.

Not get kicked in the head, it failed. What is with these stupid threads today? It is the Jesus freaks VS the delusional Brits. Neither Vitor nor Bisping was going to beat Anderson. Weidman would have had a better chance, now I guess Lombard is the next great hope, but he is so short, Anderson may just mystify him with his standup and range.

Uhm.. might be time to take your meds, buddy. :rolleyes:

to circle away from a guy who possesses power in all four limbs.

see the problem with that plan? :)

One thing that the media, and Bisping himself, kept insinuating was that Belfort's only chance were his straight forward flurries early in the first round. Vitor has been working on his kickboxing and karate A LOT and has used kicks often in his last few fights.

Im guessing it was this.

How though? You have to MAKE Vitor gas. If he thought that he would gas Vitor by dancing around and throwing jabs he is batshit crazy. At this pace Vitor would have been lightning quick in the fifth round as well.

Bisping was just afraid to close the distane and grapple with Vitor, that's my theory. Plus he thought that he had "more weapons" in a striking distance fight.

Bisping did not fight dumb. He fought to the best of his ability, but still got outclassed. Round 1 was pretty even until the tail end where Belfort rocked him with the headkick followed by a mini flurry

And then Belfort finished Bisping with the same weapon in Rd 2

This is exactly it. Belfort is too strong and explosive to be ground out by a fighter like Bisping. Even if Bisping could have got a hold of him he wasn't going to push him around. Bisping was also more patient with his strikes, which he needed to be because Vitor is an excellent counter puncher with great timing and speed. Bisping couldn't have "sparred" him like he does many of his opponents with combination after combination.

He fought the best fight he could have in a fight that was not very winnable for him. It was only a matter of time before Vitor caught him and put him away.

How though? You have to MAKE Vitor gas. If he thought that he would gas Vitor by dancing around and throwing jabs he is batshit crazy. At this pace Vitor would have been lightning quick in the fifth round as well.

Bisping was just afraid to close the distane and grapple with Vitor, that's my theory. Plus he thought that he had "more weapons" in a striking distance fight.

Bisping simply doesn't have the style to have worn him down. He isn't a strong or skilled enough wrestler and as you said, he wasn't going to do it with his "pitter, patter" striking still (and I don't mean that as an insult). It may work against an aggressive fighter who is willing to chase him around but not against a calculated counter striker like Belfort.

Probably thought he could strike and bike until Vitor got tired.

Back