What was 2016 the "Year of--" for you?

Had a son an opened a new business so It was the year of added responsibility

Why didn't you throw in the UFC towel if I may ask?
Why did I, you mean?
Direction. Letting McPPV run the show, rendering ranking, to a lesser extent, and title shots, to a greater extent, be dictated not by earning your place with wins but by how popular you are.
Shitting on legends, "(long list of fighters and others) was never my friend" style shit.
The last straw for me is that they let Goldie's last event go by without a peep of thanks or anything.
This isn't for me anymore.

Why did I, you mean?
Direction. Letting McPPV run the show, rendering ranking, to a lesser extent, and title shots, to a greater extent, be dictated not by earning your place with wins but by how popular you are.
Shitting on legends, "(long list of fighters and others) was never my friend" style shit.
The last straw for me is that they let Goldie's last event go by without a peep of thanks or anything.
Yea those are some solid points but you could always just watch the fights and ignore the bullshit and politics, I was rather disgusted myself by Goldie situation regardless of what you think of him he at least deserved a shout out for the years he put in.

Yea those are some solid points but you could always just watch the fights and ignore the bullshit and politics, I was rather disgusted myself by Goldie situation regardless of what you think of him he at least deserved a shout out for the years he put in.
I think the only explanation is that there was a directive from above that it wouldn't be mentioned.

Why did I, you mean?
Everything since Rousey, McGregor, and the Reebok deal has pretty much made me lose interest in the UFC. I don't know how many more cards I will catch. I only watch a few per year now that all this madness has taken over.

great year for me

passed my final major board exam in to start my medical career as an attending

my second son was born

and Obama is finally leaving ... cant beat this year

2016 was alright until I went to a good buddy's funeral for New Years Eve day. Who the fuck want to party after that?

Horrible year for me.
Sorry to hear it.
'16 had a couple of late arrival kicks in the balls for me, overall a not great year, but you dust yourself off and keep going.
I'm like a shark in that I have to keep moving forward.

It was the year of awesome for me. I started a new job, which is immeasurably better than my last job. I went to Italy. And I got a new car that I love.

2016 will go down as my fuckiest year ever. I've been crushing puss all year.

Celebrity deaths :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . They won at life. Not much more you can ask for....

Why did I, you mean?

Everything since Rousey, McGregor, and the Reebok deal has pretty much made me lose interest in the UFC. I don't know how many more cards I will catch. I only watch a few per year now that all this madness has taken over.

Unfortunately, everything has it's golden age and the gets taken over. Doesn't matter what you apply it to, it just happens. Take any golden age of any nation/civilization, or a young individual full of idea's for a better world that gets beaten into conformity, and to a lesser degree, ideas and technologies like democracy, or net neutrality. MMA is no different. I have a hard time being pragmatic about it all. Something about moral relativism and survival of the most violent doesn't sit well with me at all. Meritocracy, and fair dealings for value is a great idea, but as we have seen that is seldom the case throughout human history.

At least there are a few that stand by their value systems, and with no benefit to be seen except for what they know to be true.

Many might think the image below is a extreme comparison, but I would argue that power is power, and control is control no matter what form it takes, and when it is out of balance with merit and democratic input, it invariably takes a violent form that causes harm.

So happy that some are standing up to the machine. R.I.P Ryan Jimmo:(. He was one of them.

man-refuses-to-salute.jpg

For me it was actually a fantastically productive year. I accomplished what I needed to, better than I could have ever hoped or imagined. Especially compared to years past where I fucked off a lot and wasted time on nonsense.

Also, 2016 is the year America finally decided to pull itself out of the toilet and get back on track.

January: kicked my dad out of my house
February: went to the dentist to get wisdom tooth removed and dentist slipped with drill and gouged a hole in the back of my throat
May: grandma died
September: car accident
October: Cat's got fleas
December: bedroom flooded

2016 was a year of perserverance

"2016: The year of everyone, bitching about everything."

Back