What UFC fighters could a 260 lb elite college wrestler beat

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
with no formal training in striking or grappling with submissions? Let's say he watches UFC so he at least has some idea of what submissions are. Could he beat any male UFC level fighters, and if so up to what weight class?

probably could beat most of the lighter weight classes.

its basically asking who Brock could beat and we know it was alot of HWs, nevermind lighter guys.

Probably up to the very elite of LHW. Weight classes exist for a reason.

Pat Barry (well, former UFC)
Lavar Johnson (former)

90% of those under 185 (great bjj guys like prime aoki could sub him).
75% of middle weights
50% of lhw
25% of hw

its basically asking who Brock could beat and we know it was alot of HWs, nevermind lighter guys.

No it's not; Lesnar trained a long time before his MMA debut.

TS: You could watch some of Dan Severn's fights from early UFCs to get some idea, although most of his opponents at the time were single discipline fighters too.

90% of those under 185 (great bjj guys like prime aoki could sub him).
75% of middle weights
50% of lhw
25% of hw

pretty much agreed
id jump right back up in heavyweight imo tho. overall shallow division and i say an elite wrestler would go through abuch

IRoyce triangled Severn. It would only be easier for today's fighters.

With no BJJ experience, the wrestler is getting tapped.

Please see UFC 1

Short answer: FW and below he may be able to smother, LW and above I see them all subbing him or KOing him on the feet before the takedown.

Long answer: There's a lot more factors than just his weight and wrestling level, can he take a punch? Is he an aggressive wrestler or a defensive, counter wrestler? Is he mentally able to hold it together in a cage in front of thousands of fans? etc. Not to mention this term "UFC level" is under a lot of scrutiny these days anyway, I'm not even sure what it means. To me, it means an MMA fighter who at the bare minimum is able to hold a position in the UFC for an extended period of time i.e 3 years or more. Some people say it's literally any guy that makes it into the UFC, which I think is completely fallacious.

Elite 260lb wrestler? Top 15 Middleweights could probably do it, maybe Hendrix or Lawler. Bout half the light heavies would be fine, some of the slower ones would get smothered and wouldn't be able to get off their back. And then I'd imagine, even without any striking or sub training, he could beat a few bottom of the barrel Heavyweights.

Welterweight and below, I don't think anyone could give him trouble on the feet besides Big Rigg and Lawler just because they wouldn't have the power or reach. but there may be a few guys who could pull of tricky subs.

Something like this from a 155er would actually work
26.gif

I don't think brute strength would get him out of a thing like that. Like I said, it'd have to be sneaky. Not gonne force an arm back for a kimura or avoid getting rampage slammed on a triangle attempt from guard

Elite 260lb wrestler? Top 15 Middleweights could probably do it, maybe Hendrix or Lawler. Bout half the light heavies would be fine, some of the slower ones would get smothered and wouldn't be able to get off their back. And then I'd imagine, even without any striking or sub training, he could beat a few bottom of the barrel Heavyweights.

Welterweight and below, I don't think anyone could give him trouble on the feet besides Big Rigg and Lawler just because they wouldn't have the power or reach. but there may be a few guys who could pull of tricky subs.

Something like this from a 155er would actually work
26.gif

I don't think brute strength would get him out of a thing like that. Like I said, it'd have to be sneaky. Not gonne force an arm back for a kimura or avoid getting rampage slammed on a triangle attempt from guard

wow that looks like a tekken move or something, awesome

With no BJJ experience, the wrestler is getting tapped.

Please see UFC 1

Its been awhile.... There was a 260-pound national champion wrestler at UFC 1?

I remember Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock against a boxer and a bunch of out of shape kickboxers/brawlers.

susumu13.jpg

1108b.jpg

No it's not; Lesnar trained a long time before his MMA debut.

Yep. With zero formal jits training, you're going to get locked by almost anyone. And that, right soon.

Its been awhile.... There was a 260-pound national champion wrestler at UFC 1?

I remember Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock against a boxer and a bunch of out of shape kickboxers/brawlers.

susumu13.jpg

1108b.jpg

Love that pictures of Jimmerson. I remember thinking that Art was going to demolish Gracie!

Wrestlers were kept out of UFC 1 for reason. No way a 170 lb guy is taking down an elite NCAA HW wrestler.

To the answer the question, I think an elite NCAA heavyweight (by elite I mean All American) with no MMA training could beat some of the bottom level guys at 185 and below. With no striking, submission defense or submissions, the pure wrestler would not fair well against today's top guys in any of the weight classes 155 and above. The FW, BWs, I would like to see it.

Lol no training? A lot of ww's would beat him. And forget about 185 and up.

Back