What "type" of fighters do you like to watch the most?

great ground game fighters as well as swinging for the fences :)

1. a super aggressive brawler
2. an aggressive bjj guy
3. judo

I don't hate wrestlers as long as they use it as a means to an end (pretty much none of them in the ufc)

Jones, Cain, Glover, Munoz, Mendes, Weidman. Any of those guys ring a bell? When they have top position, they don't screw around.

Those with creative and aggressive grappling skills, both in terms of take downs and submissions.

fighters that are explosive, whether it be with submissions, wrestling or obviously standup. Right now I think michael mcdonald, erick silva, and vitor belfort probably fit this bill better than anyone

Any fighter as long as they do more than try to win via points.
And I do not mean some of the great fighters who I think do a great job yet get flak for not finishing.

GSP, IMO is exciting and always working. Love watching him.

I am talking about the Jake Shields and Micheal Bisping types. Guys who literally have marshmallow hands and throw punches that would not even be felt as more than an annoyance.

I like "snipers".. guys dancing in and out on their feet, looking to land "kill-shots" to the head and body, but not afraid to exchange in the center of the cage when it comes to it.

Also love flashy tosses, trips and throws.

And sadistic top games on the ground.

Also, aggressive bottom games on the ground.

I like aggressive grapplers, guys that don't wait for the fight to get to the ground, but can bring the fight there and finish when it gets there.

Palhares, Babalu, Joe Lauzon, Weidman, Sakuraba, Fedor, Maia, Jacare, Jones, Faber, Benevidez etc...

Fighters that go for the finish and really leave it all in the cage.

Fighters with naturally physical talent that have built up their skills... as opposed to highly skilled fighters who have made do with their limited natural talents.

guys who prefer to use boxing and BJJ over muay thai and wrestling

I like aggressive grapplers, guys that don't wait for the fight to get to the ground, but can bring the fight there and finish when it gets there.

Palhares, Babalu, Joe Lauzon, Weidman, Sakuraba, Fedor, Maia, Jacare, Jones, Faber, Benevidez etc...

This guy?
mma_silva_maia_600.jpg

Fighters with lots and lots of muscles.

I like a fighter that has good judo throws, side kicks , boxing

This guy?
mma_silva_maia_600.jpg

Well it depends, he's got great takedowns and great submissions, so I included him.
He's had a few fights where he was pretty passive, those were either against great strikers like Silva or great grapplers like Shields and Weidman.

He only had one decision in his first 12 fights, but hasn't really maintained that type of aggressiveness, so I guess it's fair to take him off the list at this point.

1. Fighters that show respect for their opponent and the sport.
2. Technical strikers that don't just look to knock the other guy's block off.
3. Guys with solid gameplans who can execute them well.

fearlessness and aggression are the two qulaities i respect the most. the actually techniques used aren't as important, though I suppose I lean towards well-rounded guys who prefer to strike but also have good submissions.

oh yeah, and they have to "just bleed" obviously...

examples:

ufc86_review_h.jpg

119_georges_st-pierre_vs_carlos_condit_gallery_post.0_standard_352.0.jpg

064_kj_noons_vs_donald_cerrone_gallery_post.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Active on the bottom (nogs, diazs), scrambly dudes (MM, Bendo), scary GnP (Fedor, JBJ), wiley tacticians (machida,Bnog), strikers that use everything (anderson, pettis), calculated brawlers (hendo,wandy), just bleeders with technique (struve, KZ).........
Basically anyone that comes to finish and has the technique.

Back