1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

what type of cup should mma fighters wear

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by GerardSmith7, Aug 6, 2005.

1. xRCx Blue Belt

False.
    Sure it's comfortable to wear but it gives you NO protection.
    I got mine, tried it on and cup-checked myself. I might as well have not been wearing a cup at all. Hurt like a motherfucker.
    I figured "maybe I just hit it too hard. I'll try it in training and see if that was a fluke."
    It wasn't.

Get the XO ProCup with jockstrap, wear it under compression shorts.
    I don't have it yet but I've heard nothing but good things about Jaco's cup/compression shorts combo.
    I refuse to buy it until they sell the compression shorts without a cup, so I can have 2 or 3 pairs (because fuck doing laundry every day). I don't need 3 cups.

2. DI99 Brown Belt

i just wear a normal hockey jock strap with compression shorts over it, works fine.

3. Cannon_6 Green Belt

Now, that's funny.

4. Where have you been? I thought I had everyone up to speed on this.

Jaco Clothing

5. xRCx Blue Belt

Haven't lurked the G&E for a while. Thought I was done buying gear for a while.
    After reading your post, apparently I'm not.
    DAMN YOU!

6. elemenohpee82 White Belt

I would recommend any cup that has compression shorts. I've rolled around with the jock strap type and the cup moves around too much. Compression shorts makes sures it stays in place

7. neomage2021 Silver Belt

shock doctor stainless steel cup!

8. chokeingvictim Brown Belt

i was wondering if there is a comfortable way to wear a thai style cup in a reguler jock strap for plastic cups

i think somebody on here allready said it best profighters havent even figured out the perfect cup jockstrap compression short combination yet

i figured the steel cup would be a good idea since if would hurt the other persons foot if a kick grazes or lands there makeing them less likely to attempt another inside leg kick

9. trianglejitsu Blue Belt

The main reason for the thai cups is their size, they're wider so you don't end up squishing your balls between the cup and thigh like you do with any of the others.

10. SLaKKJaW Blue Belt

Exactly. You do, however, have to get used to the pressure on your inner thighs. But really tho, what hurts more, pressure on your thighs or squashed nuts?