What to eat/drink day before and day of weigh ins?

F

Famosa.

I am 6-7lbs away from 185, and weigh ins are tomorrow at 7pm, what should i be eating and drinking today, and then the day of the weigh ins? would green tea be good since it's a diuretic?

I am 6-7lbs away from 185, and weigh ins are tomorrow at 7pm, what should i be eating and drinking today, and then the day of the weigh ins? would green tea be good since it's a diuretic?

Way too late to start thinking about cutting. You need to prepare several days in advance, but as a last ditch effort go grab some dandelion root and take some of that and drink like normal until tomorrow. You may want to consider taking a laxative, and of course cut out all non fibrous carbs and all added sodium. Pray for the best, chances are you won't be able to make weight naturally, and sweating it out is risking your life.

Green tea is not a diuretic, neither is coffee.

Caffeine is not a diuretic. If anything, it is mild from what I have read.

EDIT: Standard beat me to it.

Ahhh ok, thanks guys... Good thing i bought some Dandelion Root today, taking that along with a natural Herbal Laxative before bed and should be fine, i've already cut a few lbs today from only eating and breaking a tuna salad w/ avocado into 3 meals, i think i'll be able to do it without hitting the Sauna tomorrow :)

Pray for the best, chances are you won't be able to make weight naturally, and sweating it out is risking your life.

I think that's just a tad on the overdramatic side. At the time of weigh-ins if he doesn't eat he'll only be a little bit over and sweating out 2-3 pounds isn't life threatening by any means. If it was life threatening then high school wrestlers would be dropping dead every year.

Caffeine is an ingredient in both of those drinks and caffeine is a diuretic.

I think that's just a tad on the overdramatic side. At the time of weigh-ins if he doesn't eat he'll only be a little bit over and sweating out 2-3 pounds isn't life threatening by any means. If it was life threatening then high school wrestlers would be dropping dead every year.

Caffeine is an ingredient in both of those drinks and caffeine is a diuretic.

Caffeine isn't a diuretic. Which was pointed out already. It is a common misconception. People take caffeine, and pee more often, then think it is a diuretic. What caffeine actually does is make you pee more often. That doesn't qualifiy as a diuretic. A diuretic has to make you pee more total volume, not more often. Overall urine expenditure will be the same, caffeine or not. (Which is the whole point, really, to urinate more volume.)

edit: Sorry for sounding condescending in my wording, but Standard pointed it out already..

Well, I've been lied to all these years about caffeine being a diuretic. I did a minimal amount of reading and almost everywhere says exactly that. I feel betrayed.

You didn't sound condescending. I should have payed attention to the above threads before posting my snotty retort.

It's alright, being lied to about nutrition is nothing new... At least we all found legitimacy in these forums and others like them.

Way too late to start thinking about cutting. You need to prepare several days in advance, but as a last ditch effort go grab some dandelion root and take some of that and drink like normal until tomorrow. You may want to consider taking a laxative, and of course cut out all non fibrous carbs and all added sodium. Pray for the best, chances are you won't be able to make weight naturally, and sweating it out is risking your life.

I woke up this morning and am already 185... Must've done something right :)

I got some pedialyte, fruit and protein bar to rehydrate myself for after weighins, should i pick up anything else?

Back