What to do with old trophies

Kowboy Karl

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've got a bunch of motocross trophies from my childhood.... 40 or so.

Found in attic.

Trash?

Donate?

I took a picture planes to keep a small one just tossem

Need ideas pleaae

Depends on what they mean to you. If you're asking this question, throw them out. Only trophies I ever kept were my Chess tournament trophies, because at the time they validated my idea that I was the smartest person on my little planet.

I'm glad I kept them because they represented quality achievements for me. All my old baseball/football/soccer medals, trophies don't mean anything and I never kept track of them.

But motocross is kind of cool, especially if you were good at it. You could probably outrun the police if you ever needed to if you could get your bike to some mountain range without getting caught first.

Why don't you just keep them? I have a bunch of soccer and football trophies from when I was a kid. I like to remind people that I wasn't always a lazy bastard.

Make a shrine to yourself. So the ladies know to worship you

That reminds me, I have some bowling trophies somewhere out in this world.

here they are... i was thinking save two and trash the rest since they are all shoddy. put the picture in a nice picture frame and be done with it.

it was a great time of my life. good old dad and me traveling all over texas to race. out in the wilderness with good people and an exciting event.

motocross is a great sport. its a shame how its not really floursished due to trick x games type stuff.

travis prastrana ruined it.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 12
Use them to show you kids how much better than them you are.

Start competitions on sherdog and send them out to the winners

Keep them in your living room but tell people it's for something actually impressive.

I was voted best looking kid of in the 6th grade (think that's the grade), still waiting to receive my thropy...

You should pretend that you are OJ and strong arm your way in to 're-acquire' them and make a shrine.

THEN, you can pretend that you are the family of Ron Goldman and take all of (the) trophies and melt them down in a ceremonious cleansing ritual. This will help rid you of some of the childhood traumas and injustices imparted on you for receiving these trophies to begin with.

Praising mediocrity and giving an atta-boy for coming in last place in your childhood has obviously led to grossly unrealistic expectations in your now adulthood.

Destroy those trophies immediately.
They carry repressed memories and the spirits of evil demons (from being in the attic and all too)
They are evil.
And toxic.

You should pretend that you are OJ and strong arm your way in to 're-acquire' them and make a shrine.

THEN, you can pretend that you are the family of Ron Goldman and take all of (the) trophies and melt them down in a ceremonious cleansing ritual. This will help rid you of some of the childhood traumas and injustices imparted on you for receiving these trophies to begin with.

Praising mediocrity and giving an atta-boy for coming in last place in your childhood has obviously led to grossly unrealistic expectations in your now adulthood.

Destroy those trophies immediately.
They carry repressed memories and the spirits of evil demons (from being in the attic and all too)
They are evil.
And toxic.

they are actually some of my fondest memories.... and they were mostly 1-5 place as motocross races usually have 30-40 riders competing.

not bad for a kid that could only practice once every two weeks. i plan on keeping the smallest one which coincidentlay makes it a 5th place and going al bundy bowling trophy style with it and have it around for laughs.

The end.

jiu jitsu medals are another hilarious sports artifact.

nothing says badass like a 3rd place medal from the no gi white belt division from the de leon fight club grapple wars. i actually won if jbjff scoring had been used(what i was taught from day one) but this gym fancied themselves ultimate fighters and pulling guard accumulated negative points since like ufc fight the guy on bottom is losing. sweeping in the last minute and getting two points in thier eyes did not offset the 4 minutes of on bottom ufc time. quite depressing at the time. quite hilarious now.

If you have the space in the attic I'd just keep them stashed. Not worth anything other than memories but nothing wrong with that - would be neat to show grandkids when you're old and hunched over. I guess it would depend on the level you reached and the size of the competitions - was it a rinkydink local thing or Statewide or even national level sorta deal.

I have them all over my living room and then I invite the neighborhood kids in for milk and cookies and tell them old war stories about winning the run-a-thon in 2nd grade while having a 103* fever and a twisted knee.

Drop them off at your local value village or other second-hand store. That way someone else can buy 'em and pretend that that was their life.

Back