What to do next?

If you're doing 5x5 with whatever your 5RM is for deadlift, I don't really see how you will be able to do all those deadlift variants afterward. Other than that, it looks good.

What you might want to just go ahead and do is instead of doing all those assistance moves every time, chose one or two each session.

Too many deadlifts. Get rid of the variants. Pull-ups are a nice substitution on pull day.

How does cycling the two dl variants every three weeks and keeping BOR's constant sound. I'd add in pullups but since I can only do sets of two it seems like a poor choice.

How does cycling the two dl variants every three weeks and keeping BOR's constant sound. I'd add in pullups but since I can only do sets of two it seems like a poor choice.

Cycling sounds good. If you can't do many pullups, you should certainly be doing them. If you are over 260lbs. you could do pulldowns instead.

pull-ups and strong lats do nothing but help your pulls.

A routine for you will come out of this thread sooner or later :wink:

Spot on. That is one of the main points in most variants and assistance lifts. To give your routine variety. Sometimes too much of the same thing can mean stagnation. I highly recommend doing pullups. Even if you can't do any. What I have my gymmates that aren't able to do pullups do is jump into the pullup. Setup your jump so that you put JUST enough leg drive to barely muscle your way through the pullup. It's basically the same as people doing OHP and finishing their sets of with Push-presses once they get to the point that their muscles are too fatigued to do a complete strict press.

Awesome, I give these crazy pullup things a try. And for the record, i'm at 275.

One thing that I've tried recently is hanging with bent elbows, using a wide grip, so its almost all lats that's holding me there. Not an easy task, but rather fun.

If you can only do sets of 2's try doing like 8 sets of 2 or something with like 2-3 min. rest between sets. You will definitely notice fast improvements if you just stick with it. The best way to get better at pull ups is by doing more pull ups

Is the forum consensus to do a pull day, push day, and squat day? Should I mix up the three instead? I was also looking at the Coan-Phillipi dead lift program on Mondays and then doing:

Wed:
FS 5x5
Bench 5x5
Board Press Or SOHP - Which one? 3x5
Dips x3

Fri:
Squat 5x5
SOHP or Board Press - Which one? 3x5
GM3x5
Pullups 8x2

What do you guys think of the rep ranges here?

Keep in mind that I am a pretty big noob here but..... what kind of warmups should I be doing for all of these?

Back