What to do next?

big_john127

Profess¡onal Lurker
@Orange
Reaction score
I've been on the Bill Star 5x5 since November and I have to say I'm a little bored. I'm taking the week of spring break off and when I come back I'd like to start in on a different program. What program would you guys suggest? I've seen sheiko as a possibility. Let me know which ones you guys like. Hopefully is an excel spreadsheet because I am lazy.

Push/Pull/Squat routine. Set it up something like this:

Push
-Bench
-OH Press
-Dips
-Bench assistance

Pull
-Deadlift
-BOR's
-Chins/Pullups
-Deadlift assistance exercise

Squat
-Back squat
-Front squat
-Assistance exercise

Push/Pull/Squat routine. Set it up something like this:

Push
-Bench
-OH Press
-Dips
-Bench assistance

Pull
-Deadlift
-BOR's
-Chins/Pullups
-Deadlift assistance exercise

Squat
-Back squat
-Front squat
-Assistance exercise

Only I think it would be better to put the "pull" day first, THEN the "push" day.

I agree Steven, but I didn't mean for it to be in that order or anything it's just how I wrote it ;)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. What would the team suggest for assistance excercises? Is this still a Mon/Wed/Fri split?

I've been on the Bill Star 5x5 since November and I have to say I'm a little bored. I'm taking the week of spring break off and when I come back I'd like to start in on a different program. What program would you guys suggest? I've seen sheiko as a possibility. Let me know which ones you guys like. Hopefully is an excel spreadsheet because I am lazy.

being bored is no reason to change programs. stfu and lift.

actually it is a good reason if you have done it for a few months.

I believe its a very good reason. If your not inspired to lift then your probably not going to give a shit, your body is probably pretty bored too. Its not like hes quitting lifting

being bored is no reason to change programs. stfu and lift.

Are you kidding me? While you might enjoy doing the same lifts over, I am not one for monotony. What exactly is wrong with changing things up so that I continue to look forward to the gym with excitement?

So monk, can you describe for me the benefits of crossfit vs. sheiko?

Crossfit is for weak men and some strong women. He has a vested interested in you losing the Race to 1500. Since I'm going to kick everyone

But thats the same thing I try to do every night.

Starts on Thursday, right now I'm in the middle of an excellent double con law session.

Back