What to do in San diego

coronadp is navy, oceanside is marines

Oceanside sucks. I was in the Marines years ago and during one of my visits, I figured I'd pay it a visit and I almost got into a fight. I was walking back from the Pier when some young homeless guy approached me and made a comment about me needing to get a haircut. I keep my hair short, but not Marine regulation. I guess he thought I was in the Marines. I lit into him with many four letter words and was ready to start throwing uppercuts. He backed off and said I need to chill out and calm down. I live on the East Coast and we're not friendly and don't approach us unless you know us...lol

Listen to others who listed many good options for you. I love San Diego and visit it every year.

Agreed.
Best butthole fingering spa is in Del Mar, TS.

I lived in Normal Heights from March '17-'18. Didn't know there were any Sherdoggers there. Were you the one in Triple Crown who took offense to my McGregor joke?
We could've been bros man. Nevermind. I'm just gonna move on. It's in the past now.

Hey wait, wtf? I lived on Cherokee. Like a quarter of a block from that liquor store (on the way to Adams Ave) - 2 blocks from the Vons.
And to think I felt so alone that whole year I lived there.
<mma1>
Anyway, jokes aside, small world.
I moved back to the College area where I lived for about 2/3 of my life. It was a shitty time in my life that took away from the experience (due to some family stuff), but it kinda was an interesting excursion.
I live off of Monroe... So right by you

Go fish, the local yellowtail bite is good right now, with a shot of bluefin and/or dorado mixed in too.

My typical agenda many years ago!
I'd have recommended TJ for Mexican food if he and his wife were willing to border jump.

However I am going to Miguel's in Chula Vista tonight. I'd recommend that place to anyone.

Cross over to Tijuana.
Go to Adelita's, and next morning go to Puerto Nuevo for some lobster.
This. Head to papas and beer if it's on the weekend as well.

Cross over to Tijuana.
Go to Adelita's, and next morning go to Puerto Nuevo for some lobster.

Carne asada tacos in Tijuana
Tacos perrones in Rosarito
Lobster in Puerto Nuevo
Lunch in Valle de Guadalupe
Fish tacos in Ensenada

Doesn't get much better than that.

One of my fav seafood spots in SD is Mitch’s over in Point Loma. Definitely worth checking out for lunch.

Going for 5 days this week. Any must do activities?
I just got back from SD. Go down to Tijuana, park at the outlets and walk across the border. From there taxi to hookers (Chicago Club). Also in SD, La Jolla Shores is awesome and visit the Midway.

I'd have recommended TJ for Mexican food if he and his wife were willing to border jump.

However I am going to Miguel's in Chula Vista tonight. I'd recommend that place to anyone.
Bro, Miguel’s is white-washed Mexican food!

It’s incredibly difficult to find decent Mexican food in San Diego, because it’s all watered down for gringos!

Top 3 in The 6-1-9:
  1. Las 4 Milpas
  2. Mariscos y Birrieria El Prieto (Taco Trucks)
  3. Lucha Libre Taco Shop
Honorable mentions:
  1. Tacos El Gordo
  2. La India Bonita
  3. Tacos Revolucion
You’re welcome!
giphy.gif

Oceanside sucks. I was in the Marines years ago and during one of my visits, I figured I'd pay it a visit and I almost got into a fight. I was walking back from the Pier when some young homeless guy approached me and made a comment about me needing to get a haircut. I keep my hair short, but not Marine regulation. I guess he thought I was in the Marines. I lit into him with many four letter words and was ready to start throwing uppercuts. He backed off and said I need to chill out and calm down. I live on the East Coast and we're not friendly and don't approach us unless you know us...lol

Listen to others who listed many good options for you. I love San Diego and visit it every year.
i agree if you dont want to enjoy life live in the east coast

Last edited:
Coronado beach and the surrounding area is cool, lots of good places to eat.

Gaslamp district downtown is a happening place especially at night.

San Diego Zoo

Sea World

San Diego has a ton of great breweries if you're into beer. Stone, Ballast Point, Alesmith, Saint Archer and many others.

Back