What time to Run..

ObsceneJester

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was wondering what time would it be good to run?

I've been doing the Guerillo Cardio for this past week and I've been doing it pretty late at night (about 12 o'clock am) to avoid the sun..

Would that be an acceptable time or would I need to do it earlier..

(I go to bed about 1:30ish-2:00 a.m.)

I always thought running in the morning was the best. Like 7:30 am.

I usually run in the morning during the week because I find it gives a great jump-start to my day before work. On weekends I tend to run at noon in the burning hot sun to push myself more and have to work when it's hot and humid (often the case come fight night under the bright lights and all the people around stealing the oxygen in the place!).

Whatever time is best for you. When I got to CR I ran in the ehat of the day a few times and it was too hot for me. I carried a bottle of poweraid with me a couple times, but it wasn't nearly enough and I got dehydrated each time. So I have to run in the rain, or before or after the sun is at its full strength. If you are trying to lose weight, it might be better to run in the morning (possibly before breakfast) but if you are in it for fitness or competition, do what works best for you. I usually need some time to get my muscles and joints going in the morning and running dioe not work for me. And late at night I am often very tired. So I try to find a happy medium between those two. Also, the amount of liht you ahve. Back in NY, I cannot run at night because it is too dark and I would run into trees. Here I cannot run at night because the roads are in such bad condition and the drivers are all crazy (they aim for you and accelerate).

if you are getting in shape - when it cool
if you are in shape when its hot - especially for a fight as said before its hot hot hot

Back