What Time Is The GSP Retirement Presser Today?

where will we be able to watch this? will it be streamed here or need to find it on Reddit?

This feels like a move to provoke the UFC to book the Khabib fight. He said he appreciated Khabib's message, but there's nothing either of them can do about it..
Eager to find out what that means. I think they're blocking the fight. After he vacated the middleweight title after promising the UFC he would defend it, probably left a sour taste in their mouths, and don't want him doing that to the lightweight division. Khabib is also a cash cow now, with more fights to come, while GSP will just retire after the fight. They must think he would beat Khabib, screw over the LW division, and taint Khabib's undefeated record. Then walk off into the sunset knowing that fight solidified him as the GOAT.
GSP is my favourite fighter of all time, IMO he's already the GOAT, but I do understand the perspective from Dana and co. He vacated 2 divisions already, 3rd time...is just a big F you

You don't make much of an argument for GSP..

I'm just making point after point dismantling his career and shutting down any claim to GOAT status. You all can only throw out insults.

I still haven't heard one good argument. And thats not just a coincidence.

He lost to one dimensional Matt Hughes (and that's no knock on him MMA just wasn't that evolved) and he got absolutely destroyed/embarrassed and forced to tap to baby GnP by a journeyman manlet in Matt Serra.

Then he handpicked the ultimate gatekeeper in Bisping. Had he actually defended his title against and beat Bobby Knuckles, he might've been able to slide into the discussion. But he ducked every potentially dangerous opponent/matchup. Anderson, Woodley, Whitaker, etc. he wanted no part of any TRUE killers.

sorry if i was insulting in the beginning. we are all just debating MMA on a forum.

What it comes down to, is that universally sports is primarily about results. winning is everything. you are very subjective in your claim that you have to be a finisher is more important than your winning resume/stats.

I believe winning is everything in sports. back in the 90's and before peeps were complaining in football about the german and italian sides in soccer because it was so negative/defensive. yet they got their props because it was effective and brought titles.

in basketball a lot of peeps look at how many rings Michael Jordan got.

peeps gave Pete Sampras the nickname BORING PETE(personality), but when the GOAT convo is there, peeps just look at stats as, won grandslams etc.

you probably also think Mike Tyson, was the best boxer. In fighting games Street fighter, Justin Wong and infiltration can be very boring and defensive and win many fights with time-outs. the fighting game community still look at the stats!!! How many EVOs won? how many capcom cups(stats) won are the most important criteria.

games and sports can be won with different styles. A win is a win, and wins and stats determine who is the GOAT.

Back