What time do you show up to class?

Always show up late to avoid the warm up.

chat up some high belt while the instructor shows the technique of the day i.e "did you watch Inception?"

then grab some skinny white belt for a light warm up during the first roll.

then stay on the mats and tap the rest of my teamates.

jkd...

It is 50 push up if you late...

Sometimes I show up just to roll. It's usually when I'm in boxing mode and really stop being interested in grappling. Just show up to stay sharp ect ,ect. Atm I'm in grappling mode so it's pretty much show up only on spar days when it comes to boxing.

Honestly, five minutes late in a regular day, because I always end up forgetting something or having to do something. I do arrive in my gi pants, though, and never miss anything. I normally arrive right after the teacher. At the night classes, when I do attend, it's half an hour late, since I only go if school ends early. Of course, if I skip class for being 2 kool 4 skool, then I arrive at 9 pm on the dot, as I should.

On the days that I am late, my instructor knows it is because of work. Otherwise, I'm always on time. Not that it matters though, people here are not too strict about tardiness.

There are many reasons to be late. I'm that guy that strolls in after warm ups. I am a "senior " student. I also have my own training plan. I train with3 others for 2-21/2 hours during the day and I lift weights and do my neck rehab workouts in the gym during warm ups. I'm sure many of the doods in the class think I'm lazy , when in reality I train 3 x as much as they do. So don't be so quick to assume

There are many reasons to be late. I'm that guy that strolls in after warm ups. I am a "senior " student. I also have my own training plan. I train with3 others for 2-21/2 hours during the day and I lift weights and do my neck rehab workouts in the gym during warm ups. I'm sure many of the doods in the class think I'm lazy , when in reality I train 3 x as much as they do. So don't be so quick to assume

You also clearly spend at least 10 hours a day inspecting Q-tips.

5-10 min early as often as I can.

Unfortunately work keeps me off-schedule a lot, so I'll pretty frequently show up halfway through beginner's class, stay for open mat and then advanced class afterward. Never do it specifically to miss warmups; I need the drills just as much as anybody else.

Just 5-10 minutes early usually by accident but I use it to stretch and talk to people.

I arrive 1 second after warm ups end. It's funny how that happens.

I was going to say the same thing. I don't show up late but I have thought about doing it because I do a lot of training outside of class and sometimes I'm just to tired to do warm ups. Right now though I show up right before class starts ready to go. I live right across the street so I come with my GI on.

Class starts at 6pm and ends at 8pm.
I show up at 6:30pm and leave at 7:30pm

I asked my coach if I was missing anything crucial at the start of class like warm ups and stuff he said he usually lets the students warm up on their own at the start of class and he runs drills for about an hour so yeah. I'm not saying I SHOULDN'T be there at the start to the end but getting beat up for an hour is enough for me. I've only been doing bjj for 2 days and I have to take a rest day inbetween.. shit is rough. I was so sore as fuck yesterday. It reminded me my first day of lifting at the gym. The next day I couldn't move. This was just like that.. my neck, biceps, traps, shoulders, pecs, abs, quads, calves, forearms and hands were all sore, some worse than others and some (my legs, namely my quads) were so bad that I couldn't even lift them up all the way.

Imho you should come on time. It's bad manners, and you're missing out on the stretching and the drilling of moves.

Warm up to avoid the soreness and shit. I'm serious about this. If you don't warm up/stretch your muscles will be tight as fuck and injuries are guaranteed.

Drilling is as equally important as rolling imo. It helps you to get the move down, and muscle memory.

If possible do try to be on time. If I were to be instructing a class (hah! lightyears away) I would be very pissed off at a student who thinks it's normal to come in half an hour late every session

15 mins early, warm up neck and hips then do a warm up roll with whoever else turned up ealry.

I'm there 15 mins before class to stretch........and look at the women's cardio kickboxing class...

I have a demanding job and a wife and 2 kids
So usually 1/2 hr early, watch the kick boxing talk shit and unwind

I missed warm up maybe once or twice in this years... and in some rare occasions I've arrived in between, but for the rest of times I'm always there well before class start.

mine depends on job family i try to get thier just in time for warmup but sometimes i make it in the middle.

Are you there beforehand to stretch/socialize a bit?
On time and ready to warm-up?
A little late because of work/previous engagements?
Fifteen minutes late to miss warmups?
I expect few few if none of you to be the latter since you're all posting here and fairly serious about your classes.

I'm almost always early because I live quite close to my gym and value extra stretch time as gold. My cousin on the other hand is consistently late from laziness.

P.s. Sort of a given but never rely on a habitually late person to bring you your gi on time because you end up stretching in jeans.

Try and get in there 10 minutes early if possible. Get dressed, chat a little, warm up a little.

On Mon / Wed, I show up about 30 min early. Our first class on those days is our kids class. I show up so early so that I can help tie the belts, etc for the younger / newer kids. Right after that class, we have a 45 min open mat, then the adult class.

On Tue / Thur, we just have the adult class. So, I show up anywhere from 15 min to 30 min early. I like being early just because it makes sure I'm not late. If I plan to get there 15 - 30 min early, then if something comes up (bad traffic, etc), I should get there at least 5 - 10 min early, if not right on time.

On Saturday, I go 30 min early. Saturday is just open mat from 10am - 12noon, but my wife and I open up the gym at 9:30 so we can get some drilling / rolling time in together. Our classes have gotten too big for she and I to train together much during the week. So, we'll spend some extra time on Sat mornings working on specific stuff or flow rolling.

Back