What time do liquor stores close where you live?

This feels like an entrapment thread to narrow down where people live. I'm ok with that.

I'm in B.C. Canada. Private stores close at 11. Government stores have varying hours but the latest is also 11. And this is after recent changes to laws which make buying booze easier.

This. It blows imo.

When I first moved to Kansas, you couldn't even buy booze on a Sunday. We had to drive across the MO state line to restock if we were running low during a Chiefs party or something. I believe liquor stores close around 10 or 11pm, but I am not sure. Hell, I don't even think bars can stay open past 1am.

We stop selling liquor at 9pm and beer at midnight.

Can't buy liquor on Sundays, though.

That sucks.

All 24-hour convenience stores here in Korea sell beer, wine, soju and liquor all day, every day. A lot of the convenience stores have little tables where people sit around drinking till the sun comes up at the wee hours.

Pretty much no laws here regarding consumption or sales. Or public consumption or drunkenness, either. Not entirely uncommon to find people passed out on the street at all hours of the day.

I think most Asia country is the same. It WAS 24hrs for Singapore as well and it's the convenience stores that sells them, we don't have liquor stalls.

But it's been switched to 10pm few months ago, the drinks are literally there but the counter sales person won't sell you after 10pm no matter what. We can't even fuking drink in the public after 10pm now. Because of a stupid riot that happened last year or early this year. Fucking DUMB!

Most days 9-10pm, Sundays at 6pm, which sucks because its usually Sun that I want a drink and forget about the shorter hours.

They close whenever the store decides to close. 9 or 10 usually.

You can keep buying liquor here until 12 though if it's a 24 convenience store or something.

In Ontario, Canada the government owns the beer/alcohol stores. 9pm most days, 10pm Friday-Saturday. 5pm Sundays.

Fuckin' nanny state.

It's 11pm at the latest where I live (Boston) but most close earlier mon-Thursday. Sunday's are more restricted, most close at 6 although I think that's recently been expanded. We only got Sunday sales in the last decade for liquor stores, so it's been changing rapidly.

We have a few liquor stores here, some close as early as six, the latest at eleven.

M-Sat
Beer distributor- 10pm
Liquor store - 9pm
bar 2am

Sunday
Beer distributor - 5pm
Liquor store- 5pm
both can't open until noon

Bar- 2am

Fuck the fucking blue laws

I think most Asia country is the same. It WAS 24hrs for Singapore as well and it's the convenience stores that sells them, we don't have liquor stalls.

But it's been switched to 10pm few months ago, the drinks are literally there but the counter sales person won't sell you after 10pm no matter what. We can't even fuking drink in the public after 10pm now. Because of a stupid riot that happened last year or early this year. Fucking DUMB!

It's been a couple years since I've been to Singapore. Can't imagine the hotel bar shutting down at 10pm.

I think these kinds of laws in general are a very European/Western culture thing. In Japan or Korea, if you hike up a mountain trail at 9am, you're going to find a bunch of senior citizens up there who've been drinking their faces off since 6am.

I've crawled out of many a bar in SE Asia to find dawn breaking.

Back