Net Neutrality is dead, FCC voted to kill it.

klnOmega

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-begin-rollback-of-net-neutrality-regulations

The Federal Communications Commission has officially begun to undo Obama-era regulations on Internet service providers, often called net neutrality rules. The rules, passed in 2015, had placed cable and telecom companies under the strictest-ever oversight of the agency.

In a 2-1 vote along party lines Thursday, the FCC's Republicans voted to propose a new review of the rules, with the goal of loosening the regulations on the industry. As dozens of protesters outside urged the agency to stop the proceeding and keep the strict oversight, FCC Chairman Ajit Pai argued that the current rules represented a "bureaucratic straitjacket" on the industry.

Whelp, we lost. The only good thing Obama ever did has now been overturned. Time to bow down to Comcast. I wonder what this wil
NOTE FROM COMCAST: This forum post exceeds the maximum length of a forum post allowed to be viewed on your INTERNET BASIC package. Customers who upgrade to INTERNET PREMIUM are allowed to view forum posts up to 3000 characters! You can also pay a one time fee of $0.99 to view the rest of this post now.

Is this what winning feels like?

Well, it was nice having reasonably priced internet that, ten years ago, would have been 1/10th the speed of more developed countries. I guess I'll have to settle for paying double and getting half.

Trump-Net-Neutrality-Tweet.png

errr......what?

but yea ts, this is F'ing bad.

Hopefully one day Murkans will wake up and stop letting corporations act like tyrants.

Between allowing ISPs to sell users browser history and now this, Trump just keeps making the internet great again, huh?

didnt hillary say she was against the tpp?

She went back and forth. But anybody who is paying attention knows that's exactly what she was going to do.

and the tpp was an attempt to isolate china, more than it was a free trade deal.

Whatever the motive it would have been a disaster for the country

I'm starting to get pretty sick of winning all the time.

Back