1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

What the hell was this decision?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Andrei Orlovski, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Arkham's Notorious Geyser

Arkham's Notorious Geyser Wake up Kids, we've got the Blessed Era disease

She couldn't even stop Esparza's takdowns and most of them had little to NO SET UP.

2. hedidhisownstunts

hedidhisownstunts ThE oNe TrUe AnALyZeR

I don’t understand. How did the pretty one lose?

Right Hook nut shot likes this.
  3. jrleclerc88

jrleclerc88 Green Belt

you dont think she was competitive standing for the first 2 rounds? enough so that the takedowns earned the rounds imo

4. Istryker

Istryker Purple Belt

Carla had top position and not much else. Soooo i guess.

5. gonads20

gonads20 asian chicks Platinum Member

It was a tie imo.

bigmacbub likes this.
  6. jrleclerc88

jrleclerc88 Green Belt

LOL at 3rd being "10-8 eAsY"

7. GrantB13

GrantB13 Brown Belt

I'd have to rewatch, which I won't, but I thought Grasso won as a whole.

8. Striker Fox

Striker Fox Purple Belt

Sherdog tends to side with the better looking between the two fighting when it comes to WMMA

The girl who won, won the first two rounds. the 3rd wasn't 10-8 imo but wouldn't have a problem if they scored it that way.

kuka45 likes this.
  9. egk

egk Gold Belt

Problem is her TD defense still sucks. She hasn't gotten any better at all since entering the UFC. She's a good striker with limited wrestling, decent bjj and no TD defense. I was really high on her when she entered the UFC but she fights more tentative now and hasn't improved her weaknesses. She looks like the same girl who lost to Herrig and Suarez.

Gilday likes this.
  10. Gigaton Punch

Gigaton Punch Gold Belt

The stats are there for anyone to see, what little striking there was at a distance was even. Really nothing big happened on the feet till the 3rd when Esparza got badly hurt.

Should've been 28-28 Draw. One judge had it right.

11. MrFreeze

MrFreeze Orange Belt

Top control in guard should be viewed as a neutral position
    Unless you're doing actual damage on the ground it's just not that good of a position

12. Cat Biscuits

Cat Biscuits Brown Belt

Takedowns that amounted to nothing.

I think at this point i'm exhausted with MMA judging and their bias towards wrestlers who can't effectively damage people or end the fight when having dominant positions.

If only people would look to cause damage like Khabib does, instead of laying in someones guard hoping to win a round.

I'm so incredibly bored with average fighters these days. Sad that Grasso didn't win, because she deserved it despite being a moron and letting Carla off the hook after hurting her badly. I guess fight IQ and killer instinct doesn't come installed in every "fighter" out there.

13. khabib time

khabib time Blue Belt

Top position didn't matter. Grasso was offensive from the bottom. Damage, submission attempts, she had Esparza hurt badly and almost submitted her. It was close but Grasso won that fight.

14. Pious Augustus

Pious Augustus ... Platinum Member

okay not a 10-8, she didn't lose the 1st nor the 3rd, even her opponent admitted that she got dominated in the 3rd

15. PlayboyMixx

PlayboyMixx Green Belt

I had it 2 round to 1 for Carla, but Grasso clearly won the 3rd with a 10-8. Draw on my scorecard...and Grasso's fight IQ is suspect to say the least.

16. Scurvydawg

Scurvydawg Green Belt

I only caught the last round. Thought Grasso could have went in for the kill a few times but ended up going for a take down instead. Was strange. She had Esparza rocked on her feet. Anyway She musta lost those first two rounds pretty bad. Won't be surprised if Dana throws Grasso under the bus for not trying for the knockout. Kinda silly to go for the takedown against a wrastler as good as Esparza when she is wobbling on her feet..

That armbar was nasty though. These girls and their flexible limbs are pretty hard to watch sometimes. Most men would have tapped to that.

17. chubbazz

chubbazz Orange Belt

pretty tired of grapplers getting rewarded for one takedown, sit in guard and do nothing with. no damage, no threat to finish, just lay and pray. you do it for the whole round, fair enough you stole it. you do it for a minute or two and accomplish nothing, then who cares.

18. jrleclerc88

jrleclerc88 Green Belt

like I said.. striking at distance was close. Carla got 2 takedowns in each of the first 2 rounds easily and also got one in the 3rd. Carla edged the first 2 rounds with the takedowns

19. CerebralKnievel

CerebralKnievel Gold Belt

Congratulations on being blind.

20. Steve-French

Steve-French What A Rush!!!

Round 1- Carla did absolutely nothing with her take downs. Grasso got back up both times and easily won the striking exchanges. 10-9 Grasso.

Round 2- Carla dominated the ground and had her down for the majority of the round and landed some good shots from the top. 10-9 Carla

Round 3- Grasso dominated the stand up and busted Carla up and almost finished her. Grasso did more damage from the bottom for the little while she was on the ground and almost even finished a sub. 10-9 Grasso (Or 10-8 if the modified unified rules are in place)

So at the very least....

29-28 Grasso